Princess of Glacies

"Wait, Y/n, you're a Princess?" Pidge asked as the gates creaked open. You nodded and began to walk down the path.

"This is my castle. When I was younger, I went into the town to play with my friends," you explained. The doors to the front of the castle were huge. "All right, I don't know if P/n is actually in here. I haven't been to this planet in a long time. So stay behind me, don't wander, and don't touch anything." They all nodded. You brought out your sword and slowly opened the doors. The castle wasn't in pristine condition. There was dried blood stains on the icy walls and skeletons littered the ground. Not to mention stuff was knocked over, broken, dusty, rotting, and rusting.

"Were these guards?" Lance asked. You nodded.

"Yes. The Galra invaded the castle and shot down all of the guards," you replied, turning towards a hallway.

"Did your father kill your mom here?" Shiro asked. You shook your head.

"No," you replied vaguely.

"Awoooo."
You stopped and your ears perked up, turning your head towards the large staircase.

"This way. Quickly," you said, running up the stairs. When you reached the top, you entered your mother's office. There was a glass container in the corner of the room with a dimly lit crystal. "P/n!" You saw the poor robot wolf that was trapped behind the container. You ran up to it and immediately punched it, cracking the glass. You punched it again and this time your fist went through the glass. Your knuckle was cut, but you didn't care or mind. P/n hopped into your hand and you slowly retracted your hand out of the container.

"Why are you here?" You asked softly. P/n kept yipping and turning to look at the crystal. "Yeah, but it hasn't been used in... years... we don't even know if it still works, or if it can."

"What is it?" Keith asked, coming up behind you.

"It's the Crystal of Life. Anyone who stands in the radius of it will be healed of any injuries. However, only one person can control its power. My mom was the one who was able to, but I don't know if I could," you replied, looking up at all of them.

"Why was P/n trying to get it?" Pidge asked.

"Since this crystal has healing properties, you can make pieces of it into jewelry. I guess when I passed out, P/n had come here to retrieve a piece to turn into a necklace," you theorized.

"So is this the thing that's been keeping this planet alive?" Shiro asked. You nodded.

"Yes. Barely, though. Thousands of years have passed without the Queen renewing its energy," you responded, looking at it.

"Then shouldn't you be able to?" Lance asked. You looked over towards him and so did everyone else.

"Lance is right. Since the old queen died, that would make you the queen, right? So you should have the power to renew its energy," Hunk added. They all turned their heads towards you.

"I mean, I guess, but there's a chance it won't work," you said, placing down P/n.

"It wouldn't hurt to try," Pidge said. You nodded and placed your hands inside the broken container, placing a hand on the crystal. The faint glowing of the crystal began to softly pulse. While you were busy rejuvenating the crystal, Hunk had wandered off. He came across something hanging on the wall with a cloth over it. He looked over his shoulder to see no one was paying attention to him. He grabbed the cloth and quickly pulled it off, dust flying everywhere.

"Hey Hunk, what are you doing?" Lance asked.

"Hey Y/n, who's this?" Hunk asked, ignoring Lance who pouted. You looked over your shoulder and smiled lightly.