THE TRUUTH?!

Edit: Oh my god, you're KILLING ME

~
With your room door locked and sealed up so no one can enter, you sat up against your bed, toying with the crystal in your hand. You stared blankly at the wall. You didn't know how the fight with Zarkon went, you didn't care to know. You wanted to be alone. You know you were supposed to feel something. Anger, sadness, frustration... but you didn't. You didn't feel anything you were supposed to. You attacked Voltron, your friends. You don't even know if you're still friends after that stunt. P/n wasn't with you. Her parts were still floating through space. For the first time, you felt alone. You were alone.

The crystal glowed brighter and brighter until it was like a lightbulb. You lowered your head onto your knees and threw the necklace across the floor where it rolled to the other side of the room. The crystal lost its glow and dulled down. You slumped down and curled into fetal position on the floor.

"P/n... I'm sorry..." You said quietly, your frame trembling. You were never one for social interaction. You didn't mind it, but too much of it, and you began to grow disenchanted. But now you wished you were in someone's—something's presence. You've never went a day in your life where you were without P/n. And now you have to go the rest of your life without her. Your chest tightened just from the thought. The floor underneath the crystal began to freeze over and make its way across the room. You felt the cold sting on your bare skin, but you chose to ignore it. It didn't bother you, and you had other things going on right now. The crystal cracked open, whisps of icy mist rising into the air.

"Y/n..." That soft voice made you lift your head, though not a lot.

"Mom...?" Your voice cracked, and was hoarse, thanks to your crying. She was an apparition. Not a living thing.

"Y/n... it's been a while, hasn't it?" She greeted softly.

"What's going on, Mom? P/n... she was supposed to be indestructible!" You exclaimed, finally sitting up, your cheeks stiff from the dried tears. "You lied to me!"

"P/n was indestructible. To external attacks," M/n replied. That silenced you for a moment.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"This will take time," she warned.

"I don't care."
M/n sighed and sat down, despite being an apparition.

"P/n was powered by a chunk of the crystal that was in the throne room. That crystal was concentrated quintessence which gave life to P/n. When the quintessence was sucked out of her, the crystal died and shattered. In fact, Glacies was just a planet full of concentrated quintessence. Our ice is a sub form of quintessence. The only difference being is that our ice does not maintain life," M/n explained. You stared at her for a second before down at your hand.

"Then... those powers... my abilities... where did they come from?" You asked quietly.

"That's where... things get complicated and personal," she replied carefully. You looked up at her with furrowed brows.

"What do you mean?"

"Before Princess Allura's father, King Alfor, built the lions from a comet that came through a rift of another reality, there was one that came a few phoebs (months) before that," she went on to explain, "A trans-reality comet had crashed into Zarkon's home planet, Daibazaal. Of course, King Alfor and Zarkon had not known at that time. The comet that had crashed, unlike the next one, didn't open a rift to an alternate reality. The comet had blue quintessence leaking out of it. They had tested it, and ran it through many algorithms and scans. They didn't find anything worth mentioning, but when they cut through the comet, they found a small anomaly in the center of it. When it was extracted, the ore promptly died. That anomaly was what was powering the comet.