KNOWLEDGE OR DEATH

Landing on the base and exiting the Red Lion after almost getting sucked into the black hole was... a relief for you. You stood in between the two males and looked around.

"There's nothing here. This place just looks like a plain asteroid," Keith said. There was a large rumble before a platform raised in front of you, revealing two... people? The five of you stared each other down. You glanced between them, unsure of how to react to a situation like that.

~
The five of you were descending down an elevator. When it stopped, the door raised, revealing a large room and several people lined up, with one in the middle, at the farthest end. The three of you slowly walked into the room and in front of, who you assumed was, the leader.

"I am Kolivan, leader of the Blade of Marmora," he introduced.

"My name is Shiro and this is Keith, and Y/n. We are paladins of Voltron," Shiro greeted back.

"I know who you are," Kolivan replied.

"Then you know we were sent by one of your own," Shiro stated.

"Ulaz was a fool to divulge this location to you. He had a penchant for ignoring orders and following his impulses. That's what got him killed," Kolivan replied.

"He gave his life to save us! What he did brought us here today, and Voltron is ready to assist you. Are we welcome here or not?"
Your eyes moved to Shiro.

"You were told to come unarmed," Kolivan said.

"You also told us to identify ourselves. The lions are about as close as we come to an ID," Keith replied, getting extremely annoyed.

"If anything happens, believe me, you'll be happy you have the red lion on your side," Shiro backed.

"I imagine we would. However, I wasn't referring to your beast."
One of the Blade's came up behind Keith twisted his arm around, kicking his legs out from under him.

"Keith!" Shiro called, only to be blocked by one of them. Your right eye glowed and two balls of ice appeared in your hands, ready to fight if necessary. You felt the tingling cold of blades pressed against your neck and you moved your eyes back and forth to see two of them behind you.

"He has one of our blades! Who did you steal this from?" The one asked, pulling a small knife from Keith.

"I didn't! I've had it all my life!" Keith replied.

"Lies!"

'YOU ASKED HIM WHY HE HAD IT, HE ANSWERED, AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING HIM HE'S LYING!?!??! WHAT'S THE POINT IN ASKING THEN!?!?!?' Your anger shot up.

"Can you corroborate with your friend's statement? Does this blade truly belong to him?" Kolivan asked towards you and Shiro.

"I... I don't know--"

"Yes, it does," you interrupted him. Kolivan looked at you. You relaxed your hands and dropped them to your sides, but the blades were still against your neck.

"I've had this knife for as long as I can remember," Keith went on.

"We can't trust them."

"I'm telling the truth. I saw Ulaz had a knife like this. Tell me what it means."

"Our organization is built on secrecy and trust. You three should leave. Now," Kolivan advised. Keith got up and held his arm. You calmly walked from the blades and to Keith the same time as Shiro.

"We came here to form an alliance, but obviously, we're not welcome. Come on Keith, Y/n, we're leaving." Shiro turned and began to walked away with you taking a step forward.

"Not without some answers."
You and Shiro turned around.

"Somehow, one of your knives ended up with me on planet earth. Tell me how," Keith said.

"Your friend is right. It is time for you to go."

"Where did it come from? I have to know," Keith pushed.

"You seek knowledge? There is only one way to attain knowledge here," Kolivan replied.

"How? I'll do it!"

"The trials of Marmora. Should you survive, you may keep the blade and its secrets will be revealed."

"Survive--!? Keith, you're going to kill yourself," you warned him.

"I don't care. I'm not going anywhere. I have to do this," Keith replied. You sighed, but decided not to say anything further.

"Antok, give the boy the blade," he ordered. Keith turned around and took the knife from his hand. "These trials result in one of two things. Knowledge or death." The next thing you know, you and Shiro were watching Keith fight from a large screen. You crossed your arms and nervously ticked your leg.

'Dumbass... come on...' You thought.

~
You fidgeted in your place when you saw Keith collapse onto the ground. Shiro sensed your uneasiness and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Don't worry. He'll be fine," he assured. You glanced at him before nodding your head. Nothing was happening, Keith was unconscious. It wasn't until a holographic clone of both you and Shiro appeared that you were interested. Clone Shiro pulled Keith off of the floor and clone you placed your hand on his shoulder.

"Is that a hologram?" Shiro asked.

"His suit has the ability to create a virtual mindscape, reflecting its wearer's greatest hopes and fears. And at this moment, your friend desperately wants to see you," Kolivan replied, turning to look at both you and Shiro. After a few minutes, the holographic clones disappeared and Keith fell unconscious again, landing on his back. The urge to break in there was beginning to get overwhelming, but you were able to suppress it. Seconds turned into minutes and distress was obvious on his face.

"You need to get him out of there," Shiro said, beginning to feel panic as well.

"He can decide when to leave," Kolivan replied. Ice sprang up from the ground and pinned Kolivan to the wall faster than he could react. An ice spike popped up and stopped an inch away from his throat.

"Y/n!"
You stood on the spike and placed your head close to his.

"Your methods are messing with his mind. You'll kill him if this continues," you said.

"Knowledge or death, Y/n," was his reply.

"And you'll be receiving death if he gets hurt."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}