PARTY PROBLEMZ

"Y/n! What happened to your eye?" Lance asked, staring at the blood trailing down your cheek. You shook your head and brushed him off.

"It's nothing. Just a minor inconvenience," you replied. At that, Keith grabbed you by your shoulders and spun you to face him.

"'Minor inconvenience'? You were almost killed by that monster robot, you completely cut us off communication wise, your eye is bleeding!" He exclaimed. You deadpanned at him, gently shrugging off his hands.

"First off, I was not almost killed, I was hit. Second off, I didn't cut you off on purpose. And last, my eye is bleeding from strain, nothing life threatening," you clarified. Keith only looked at you in slight disbelief. You turned and walked back into your room.

"Let's give her some space for now. Whatever she's going through, she's made it clear she doesn't want us near her," Coran said. Everyone nodded in agreement and began to walk away. Keith stopped and looked back at your door.

"Keith?" Lance called. Said boy sighed and shook his head.

"It's nothing."

~
The party for the Arusians was taking place throughout the entire castle. You had decided to join it for once. You weren't one for big crowds, but just for tonight, you would make an exception. You entered the main area and saw Arusians everywhere. You saw Lance, Keith, Hunk, Pidge, and Coran, but not Shiro. Up on the balcony, you saw Allura talking with the mice.

"What do you think they're talking about?" You whispered to P/n. She yipped. You looked back up to the balcony and saw Allura's face turn to one of shock. She turned her head towards you. You smiled and waved at her, but she just scowled at you. You looked at P/n in surprise and shrugged. Walking deeper into the party, you noticed Lance walking up the stairs. P/n had jumped off your shoulder and left to go play with some Arusians.

"What's up with him?" You murmured, beginning to follow him. You saw him sitting in the main control room.

"Mind if I join you?" Your voice echoed. He instantly perked up and looked behind him to see you standing behind him.

"Y/n! Are you alright?" He asked, spinning his body to face you. You laughed lightly and sat down besides him.

"I'm fine, but I'm here because I saw you leave the party," you replied, looking over at him.

"I'm fine, I'm just..." He started. You waited for him to finish his sentence. "How far do you think we're from earth?" You let out a long sigh.

"I'm assuming pretty far away," you replied honestly.

"You ever notice how far the planets are from each other, Y/n?" He asked, turning his head to face front. You nodded.

"Yeah, I did."

"The... the blue oceans, the white clouds, green grass... I... I can't see any of it," he said, looking down to the ground sadly. You huffed quietly and placed your hand on his back.

"You miss Earth, I get that. I miss Earth and Glacies," you comforted.

"I know we're supposed to be brave Paladins and Defenders of the Universe or whatever, but, honestly, I just want to go home," he admitted. You enjoyed that he opened up to you. You weren't the best person to comfort someone, but you tried.

"Well, that's okay. Getting homesick isn't a good feeling, but I'm sure you'll go back sometime. Even if it's not now, then maybe in the future. Maybe I could take you there," you said, bringing your hand down from his back. He smiled.

"I miss rain and splashing in puddles," he added. You sighed and leaned back.

"Yeah. I do too. Although, for someone who was living on a planet that snowed nonstop, I handled rain pretty well the first time," you said, placing your hands behind your head.

"Really? What did you do?" Lance asked.

"I screamed and ran back into my house, damning the 'devil water' back to hell." You laughed and Lance chuckled with you.

"Thanks for being here and listening to me," he said with a sincere smile. You returned it.

"I owed you it, didn't I?"

"I'm sorry for all the times I hit on you," he apologized, his smile going sheepish. You snorted.

"Nah, it's good. I'm just glad none of your ribs have broke," you replied. He smiled and held out his arms. You rolled your eyes and wrapped your arms around his waist.

"Dork," you said simply.

"Yeah, but I'm fine with that."
You broke the hug and both of you got up and started to walk out. A drone of Pidge's named 'Rover' then flew in.

"Hey Rover," Lance greeted, "... wait. Where's Pidge?" You caught onto what he was saying.

"Y/n look out!"
You were suddenly thrown to the ground as an explosion went off. Your shoulder was the first thing that hit the ground. You hissed, feeling the joint being pulled forcefully out of the socket.

"Dammit..." You muttered, slamming your shoulder on the ground again, popping it back into place. When the explosion died down you sat up and looked around. The castle lost power since the crystal, the thing powering it, was destroyed in the blast. The others then arrived and immediately went over to you.

"What happened?" Shiro asked. You coughed from the dust and shook your head.

"I don't know. Something exploded," you replied. When the dust cleared, the destroyed crystal came into view better. That's when you saw Lance. "Lance!" You ran over to the Blue Paladin that was currently unconscious. You flipped him over and checked for injuries. Nothing too serious, but he was probably knocked out from the explosion and debris. His head was rested in the crook of your arm.

"Lance!" You called again, but he just groaned.

"We have to get Lance to the infirmary!" Pidge exclaimed.

"Without the crystal, the castle has no power," Allura said.

"He doesn't look good," Shiro said quietly. 

"Lion warriors, our village is under attack! We need help!" The king of the Arusians exclaimed, running into the control room.

"Let's get to the lions!" Keith exclaimed.

"You can't. They're sealed in their hangars. There's no way to get them out. We're defenseless," Allura replied.

"You can take P/n," You suggested.

"No." Allura's voice suddenly got colder. You looked at her in surprise. "You've done enough." She scowled at you. You just furrowed your brows at her, but didn't question her. 

"Will you not help us?" King Arusian asked.

"We'll help you. We just..." Keith trailed off. Lance groaned once again, and you pulled him closer to your body.

"This is bad," Hunk said.

"Ya think?"

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}