HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

At the end of the day, the Paladins were worried at that point. They had received no communication from you. They have no clue as to whether you were alive, injured, or dead. They hoped not the last one.

"The two days are up and we haven't heard anything from Y/n," Shiro said from the front of the bridge. He turned his head to Coran. "Put the coordinates for Glacies into the castle. Someone go tell Lance we're going." The Paladins looked at each other before Keith sighed.

"I'll go," he said reluctantly, getting out of his seat and walking off of the bridge. Once he arrived at Lance's door, he didn't bother knocking.

"Hey, Lance. Shiro wanted me to let you know that we're heading off to Glacies now," he called. There was shuffling behind the doors before they slid open, and a brooding Lance walked out. He didn't say anything and just brushed past Keith. "... are you really that upset over Y/n?" Lance stopped, his hands in his pockets.

"You saying you're not?" He countered. There was no malice, no anger, no nothing. Just a simple question.

"That's not what I meant," Keith replied, this time quieter. Lance sighed and hunched his back.

"It's just that... Y/n is such a great person. And knowing there's a chance that she'll never be here again... it just..." Lance trailed off. A look of confusion crossed Keith's face.

"What are you talking about? It's not like Y/n's going to die," he said, crossing his arms.

"I know! But... I just felt like Y/n really... understood me, I guess. You should know. Y/n is a really easy person to talk to. She listens, she understands..."
It took Keith a moment, but when it clicked, his eyes widened.

"Do you... have feelings for Y/n?" It felt foreign on his tongue. And as dense and naive he was when it came to romance, or feelings of any kind, Lance's feelings for you are so obvious, an idiot could figure it out. Lance's cheeks tinted pink and he immediately looked down at the floor, scratching his head.

"I-I mean, I don't know... she's a really good friend and I appreciate her, but I mean, I don't know..." He trailed off, a small smile gracing his lips. Keith stood there, quiet. For once in his eighteen year old life, he agreed with Lance. Even though you were forceful and suggested 'kill them' to ever minor inconvenience, you were very easy to talk to. Even on issues you're not familiar with, you'd sit there and listen. You're understanding, patient... well, as patient as you could get. An unknown feeling began swirling around Keith's stomach, causing him to look to the floor, unsure.

~
You used your sword to push yourself off of the ground. You limped over to where Shivv was lying and grabbed the hilt of your other sword. You removed the blade from her chest and let it hang limply by your side. The tiredness that washed over your body was enough to make you sway from side to side, but you managed to stay awake and up right. The blueness of your skin was almost gone, leaving patches of discoloration. You slowly limped away from Shivv's body and off the battlefield. Your left ankle was broken, you suffered a closed leg fracture, broken ribs, and much more.

'They should be coming for me... hopefully...' You thought, walking into the Winter Forest. You used a tree for support, smearing blood on the bark. Your vision doubled, and your breaths became more labored. White noise filled your ears and blackness appeared at the corners of your vision.

"—/n!"

"Y/—"

"— are you?!"
Those familiar voices reached your ears. They sounded so close, but felt so far.

"Guys! Over...! Here..." Your voice gave out as you dropped to your knees. You face planted into the snow, unconscious. However, you could feel someone—something engulfing you. You felt warm, tight, safe. Whoever was holding you was moving. You could hear it. A heartbeat. You only heard it beat once, but you were positive it was one. You couldn't tell whose heartbeat it was from that single noise. You'd find out soon enough, though.