[7] Welcome to the real world

The weekend passed by quietly. I spent it with my family who had been staying in the area. I've missed them and it was so calming to be with them again. They went back home to England so I won't see them for a couple of months which is a bummer. But now it's back to work. RAW is tonight and I'm on the list, but I've got no idea what's in store for me when I arrive.

'Floor 7, room 772' I read across my screen. Of course that tiny break isn't going to keep AJ and I apart, we actually stayed well in contact. I guess we are buddies now.

As I opened the door AJ was already in a mid-sprint towards me and all I could do was throw my bags to the ground and brace myself. She threw her body against mine and wrapped around me. I stood there awkwardly for a second, hugs aren't my thing.

"I missed you!" She spoke into my leather jacket. A smile spread across my face. "Pains me to admit it but I missed you too." She pulled away and smirked at me, kinda like, 'yeah I know you missed me.' Cocky little bitch.

We arrived at the arena for RAW and the first match of the night is underway. Kane vs Daniel Bryan. I still have no idea what my match will be tonight, all I know is I'm on the card. AJ isn't set for a match tonight so that leaves something between her and I out of the question. I don't like this, I don't like surprises.

"Hey Paige, can we chat for a moment?" The familiar voice of Stephanie McMahon spoke from behind me. Oh god. I turned around to meet her smile as she eyed me up and down. "I'm sure you're wondering why you're on tonight's card, but without a match." She folded her hands together. All I could do was nod and smile. Stephanie McMahon is one of the very few people who intimate the hell out of me. I don't like that. I don't like anybody having power over me. "Well, you're quickly climbing to the top young lady, you'll be in the main event. Your match will be announced after the commercial break so I thought I should tell you first. You will be in mixed tag match with Dean Ambrose versus Adalia and Seth Rollins. This will be an ongoing feud. Keep it interesting for us." She smiled.

Immediately my heart sunk into my stomach and mixed emotions flooded through me but all I could do was smile and thank her. Not only do I have to have a match WITH Dean Ambrose tonight but probably tomorrow, and next week, and the week after... I also have a match versus Adalia. This is certainly not going to be a walk in the park.

"This is so messed up. I'm psyched I'm in the main event. But, why am I tagged with a man who wants me dead?!" I ran my hands through my hair in frustration as AJ tried to calm me down. I like Dean, but I don't think him and I are going to work out in that ring. Our ego's are going to clash. It's going to be a mess.

"Just focus on Adalia, okay, it's just you and her." AJ's hand squeezed my shoulder as she stared into my eyes confidently. "Kick ass!" She yelled as my theme hit and I walked through the curtain.

I stood in my corner glaring at Seth and Adalia across the ring. Roman is standing ringside looking all intimidating and large. Great. Thanks to me, Seth is sporting a beautiful black eye. Adalia is in that state; the ruthless revenge seeking state. I know that part of her very much, in NXT I was the only diva able to bring her into that state of mind... This match isn't going to be so terrible.

Deans music hit as he made his entrance through the crowd. You'd think after departing The Shield he would change his entrance, but nope, that's one thing he hasn't changed along with his SWAT gear he still wears, the back of it now says 'Explicit Ambrose Violence'.

He hopped over the barrier and his eyes burned through Roman. He then turned his stare towards me and his eyes are full of anger. Not sure if it's towards me or what but I'll pretend it's not. He crawled up into the ring and stood next to me, yelling all kinds of trash talk towards Seth. Good, he's focused on Seth and I'm focused on Adalia let's hope it stays that way.