[12] Ruin Me

Paige's POV

Smackdown is tonight and I'm a bit of a mess. I have a match against Adalia and Dean will be in my corner. We're a tag team according to Stephanie McMahon and there's nothing we can do about it. Whether we want to or not, we have to put on a good show for the fans.

I haven't talked to, or even seen Dean since yesterday morning. I've kind of just accepted that he's a psycho and really not worth my time. I'm going to push through it and just work on myself. I don't have time for boys, especially psychotic lunatic ones. But it's still going to be weird to be around him. I don't know what to expect. I have a singles match against the divas champion tonight and I just can't seem to psych myself out.

Then I've got the damn Wyatt family to worry about. I can't seem to catch a break and I've hardly even been here two weeks. Thank god I have AJ because there's no way I could do this alone, I would have had a mental breakdown by now.

We arrived at the arena which is already buzzing with superstars inside and fans are already piling in. The show starts in an hour and I can feel my nerves bouncing around inside of me. Whenever Dean crosses my mind a sickening hollow feeling settles in my stomach but also a tingly sensation settles over it. I hate this.

AJ and I found our place in catering as the show began. The kickoff match of the night is Kane vs Daniel Bryan, the WWE world heavyweight champion. The feud between those two is epic and is certainly something to be remembered.

A black blur settled in the corner of my vision and as my eyes focused on the figure my stomach dropped. Dean leaned against the wall on the opposite side of the crowded room and his eyes locked on mine for a few seconds before he swiftly turned and walked away. I ran my hand across my face and dropped my head into my palm. He promised me he would ruin my life and it seems like he's getting his wish.

"Good luck, stay focused." AJ pulled me into a comforting hug before my music hit and I made my way down the ramp. The crowd went crazy for me; a mix of hate and love, but hey at least it's a reaction. The empty ring waited for me as I pulled myself up the ropes. Minutes from now it will just be Dean and I in the ring, and a commercial will hit so we'll be in it alone for a good 2 minutes. Fucking fantastic.

I leaned in the corner waiting for his theme to hit and surely it did. I kept my eyes locked on the titantron as he made his way through the crowd. His face is quite unhappy looking, pretty pissed off actually.

He pulled himself into the ring and shot me a quick glare before pacing across the ring, pulling off his sweatshirt. For a minute he stalled in place as if he were lost in thought. Abruptly he turned around and stared into my eyes, "Listen, I don't know what the fuck you expect from me but you're not getting it. We're forced to be a tag team so that's what we'll be, that's all we'll be. Kay?" He whispered angrily and slipped out of the ring before I could even give him a reaction.

His words stung a little, enraging me a bit. I can't believe he has the nerve to say something like that before I have a big match like this or even just in public. I seriously just don't understand what the hell I did to make him feel so angry towards me. I know he hated me before but I thought something had changed.

I snapped back to reality and Adalia stood across the ring, a look of concern on her face as she studied mine. As soon as my eyes met hers she turned her attention to the crowd and raised her title in the air as if she needs to remind everybody who she is. We all know.

She came forward as if she wanted to shake my hand, a gesture of respect. I glared at her before shaking her hand cautiously, awaiting a sneak attack. I may not like her but I have to respect her, she's earned everything she's gotten.