[63] Luck

I leaned against the concrete wall, staring down at the floor. The show has already began and so far it's been a really wild ride. We already have a new Intercontinental Champion. Let's hope that all titles won't be changing hands tonight.

A pair of combat boots stopped in front of mine, with one quick glance I recognized the body. His arms wrapped around my waist pulling me into his securing hold. "Jesus, you need to stop being so damn hard to find." Dean's voice whispered in my ear causing a smile to grow across my face.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, tightening my grip around him and holding on like it's been years since I last saw him. I don't want to let go, ever.

But Dean forced himself out of my hold, glancing down at me with worry on his face. "What's wrong?"

I sighed. "Everything. Did you see my awful match last night? I'll never hear the end of that one. I'm freakin' out about my damn match tonight. I'm just - I don't know - I can't do this anymore." 

Dean frowned, pulling me back into his arms the place that I feel safest. "Last night was just bad luck. It won't happen again, babe. Tonight you'll retain your championship, I know you will." He reassured.

I nodded into his chest, everything does feel a little better now that I've got to feel one of Dean's hugs and hear his voice.

"Enough about me. In a few hours you'll be Mr. Money in the Bank." I smiled into his chest, trying to pull out his hug but he wouldn't let me and honestly I didn't want him to.

"Damn right." He joked, releasing his hold.

But as I pulled away from him my eyes locked on somebody elses. Randy Orton. Our eyes stayed locked for a few seconds before he quickly continued to wherever he was going. I was frozen in place for a few seconds. 

Do I chase after him to tell him it was a misunderstanding? Do I tell him the whole story and hope he doesn't hate me? Or do I just leave it as is and hope maybe he created his own theory in his head that isn't as bad as the reality.

"Babe?" Dean spoke, grabbing both my arms and staring into my eyes.

But I felt sick, I felt so afraid. It wasn't supposed to happen like this.

"Paige?" Dean continued, shaking my body now. 

"Randy just - He saw that." I stuttered, turning my gaze towards Dean.

Dean's face turned to stone, "Are you sure it was Randy?"

"Yes." It was definitely Randy.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck. " He stepped backwards, rubbing his hand across the back of his neck violently.

"I don't think he'll say anything, he'd talk to me first. So I just need to avoid him at least for tonight." I leaned against the wall, tangling my fingers in my hair.

"I hope, dammit." Dean's hand ran through his already messy hair.

"It's okay, It'll be okay. Pretend it didn't happen." I lied, it isn't okay. This is really bad. If Randy takes it as what's really happening he won't be happy and The Authority could easily destroy this night for us. 

"Alright, I should get outta' here before anything else happens. I love you, good luck tonight." His lips met my forehead quickly before he hurried down the hallway.

-

Three minutes. I had managed to ignore all of The Authority during the past half hour but this is the most stressful part. My match could be cancelled because of my actions, my title could be taken away from me, or this match could be totally sabotaged resulting in another loss.