[64] Mr. Money in the Bank

My ribs had finally began to feel a little better as the night rolled on. I was able to change out of my gear and grab something to eat, getting myself ready for the contract match that was going to take place in a few minutes. 

I made myself comfortable in The Authorities office, Hunter and Stephanie have ringside seats for that whole thing so it's just me and nobody else, just how I like it. I can cheer and boo to my liking and not have to worry about accidentally cheering when Dean sits victorious at the top of the ladder.

-

I felt my heart break a little when Dean threw himself and Seth off of the top of one of the ladders, both landing awkwardly. But Dean took the brunt of that hit when he landed right on his neck, his arm pinned beneath him. 

There was immediate pain in his shoulder and he was in obvious agony. The ringside officials were urging him to the side of the ring where they could safely check on him. But Dean wasn't having it. You know how he is, refuses any help because he doesn't think he needs it. But it's obvious that there's something wrong right now and he needs that help in order to continue.

All of a sudden a bunch of officials were pulling him backstage, not giving him much of a second choice. Whatever his injury is, it must be bad. They won't even let him continue. After a long difficult arguement he gave in, storming backstage.

Then seconds later Triple H was on the mic, "It seems like Dean Ambrose can't handle a ladder match, and he has forfeitted from the match." 

My heart sunk into my stomach. I can't even begin to image how devastated he must be. He's worked so hard for this and he's done everything right to deserve a spot in that match. He should be the one who stands victorious at the end of a match. I can't help but think somehow The Authority is behind all of this. They'll pay for this, I swear.

The match continued on, brutal and a close win every here and there. With Dean out of the picture I couldn't help but cheer for Randy. There's nobody else in that ring right now that is more deserving than him.

Randy was fingertips away from the briefcase that swung above the ring, just one step away from becoming the contract holder. But his ankle was grabbed and pulled out from underneath him, sending him falling onto the mat.

When I realized it was Seth who was quickly crawling to the top of the ladder while Randy was laid out beneath it my anger boiled inside of me. Seconds later Seth sat on top of the ladder, briefcase tightly in hand and The Authority literally stepped over Randy's body to congratulate him.

Any respect I may have built up for The Authority and their little puppet Seth Rollins has completely disappeared and I'm totally ready to throw this plan away right now. I cannot be around these assholes any longer. They will take out anybody in order to have power, and it's sickening that they just took out their star player for a no good, sellout.

A few minuter later and Seth was strolling into the office with a giant grin across his face, holding the briefcase tightly against his chest. "I guess you can start calling me Mr. Money in the Bank." He gloated.

I sent him an angry glare, shoving him out of my way as I rushed out of the office. He called after me a few times but I ignored it. I need to find Dean and make sure he's okay, same for Randy. 

During my angry rage towards the trainors office I nearly bumped into another superstar, one that I had planned on talking to later. But it's obvious the viper needs some calming down. 

"Where are they?! Where's Hunter and Stephanie?!" Randy hissed, breathing heavily and holding his arm tightly against his chest. His eyes darted around the area frantically.

I grabbed his arms trying to calm him down, steadying him in place. "I don't know. I just saw Seth, but -"

"Where did you see that piece of trash?!" He tried to walk but I held him back.

"It doesn't matter. Listen to me, I'm on your side. What they did to you was ridiculous and I promise you that Seth will never win that promised championship. Okay? We won't let him." I spoke without much thought but the words that came out of my mouth sounded like a pretty okay plan to me.

Randy finally began to calm down, "I know what you've been doing all along. Acting like part of The Authority but it's just some scheme. You're not good at hiding things, Paige." 

My eyes widened, locking on his. "Wh - How?"

A smirk finally found its way to his face. "It doesn't matter, but I want in. I need my revenge not just against Seth, but against all of The Authority. I'm there number one guy and they'll be devastated without me." 

I couldn't hide the smile on my face. There won't have to be anymore hiding or secrets. We can put it all out there and ruin The Authority. I'm in, I'm sure Roman will be okay with it, but Dean not so much.

"I gotta' find Dean and talk to him about it, alright? But you have to earn his trust, Randy. He doesn't like you nor does he trust you. If you wanna' be on our side you have to prove that you want it. Alright?" 

He nodded, grinning wide. His arms wrapped around me tightly. "Thanks Paige. You won't regret it, trust me. I know everything there is to know about The Authority and I know all their weaknesses. The first one being - losing their family. I've been family to them for years and you're working your way into it. When they see we're no longer on their side they will be broken and very vulnerable." He smiled before strolling off in a much less angry manner.