[50] Retaliation

Roman and I hung around outside of the mens locker room while Dean got his stuff together. The arena has pretty much cleared out since RAW ended.

Dean gave Seth one of the nastiest beatings he had ever recieved, Roman had to pry Dean off of him while his daddy Triple H looked on from the top of the ramp. Needless to say, the new and improved Shield is going to own The Authorities asses. 

"Hey, uh, Paige?" Randy's voice broke into my mind. I glanced up from the tiled floor to meet his beat up face. His eyes darted between Roman and I and then down the hallway quickly. "Can we talk, privately?" He asked stepping around the corner and out of sight.

"What's going on?" I asked. The worry in his tone freaks me out. Randy Orton never shows much emotion besides anger and confidence. So to see him not looking so certain is a bit freaky.

"Your stunt with The Authority was beyond brainless, what the hell were you guys thinking?!" He shouted, his voice laced with a mixture of anger and regret. But his question stunned me and sent my emotions back into a whirlpool of anger. 

"Oh please, the moment they recruited Seth into their little suit party they should have known exactly what they were starting. We don't care how big they are, or how much of an advantage they may have over us, we're not letting them step in our way. We will decimate them if need be." I spoke, allowing my anger to speak for me. 

After what happened tonight, I'm in a foul mood. This is no longer fun and games. Seth Rollins has begun a war that he is too afraid to go in on by himself so he had to get back up. But an army doesn't scare us.

"Fair enough. But I've come by to apologize beforehand for the things that we will do to you and your boys. It's not too late to back out, Paige. I like you and I don't want our friendship to have to endure this but I told you I am willing to do anything to get my hands on gold and this, this is one of those challenges. We will fire back and it's not going to be pretty. Don't get in our way, darlin'. This is a mens battle." He hissed before storming down the hallway.

His words hit me hard. Sure we're not the best of friends but we've formed a bond over the past months. It's sad that he's willing to throw it all away like it was nothing, but I can't say he didn't warn me. He told me he would RKO me if it meant he'd get a title shot, I should have taken him seriously and seen this coming. But whatever, one more backstabbing fool out of my life.

"What was that about?" Roman asked as I poked back around the corner. 

"He was warning me about how The Authority is gonna' fire back and that I should stay out of the way because apparently this is a mens battle." I rolled my eyes. Sure I may not be as big and tough as the guys are, but I can put forward a lot more than they can. 

"I don't like that, why couldn't he have manned up and said that in front of me... We gotta' figure out a game plan, shortie." Roman spoke confidently, cracking his large knuckles. "We can't go into this war without a plan. They messed with the wrong group." Anger settled in his voice as he flipped his soaking hair back and tied it into a bun.

After filling Dean in on everything Randy had said to me, he's furious. He had the entire backstage area torn to shreds within minutes, even Roman couldn't break him from his dark anger. It only lasted a few minutes before he slumped against the wall, dropping his head into his shaking hands.

"Hey, hey. It's okay buddy. They don't know what they started." Roman comforted him as he pulled him up. Dean let out a deep sigh but stayed silent as we exitted the arena. We decided that it's best if we all room together so we can come up with a plan. 

"Is that all he said to you, Paige, did he threaten you?" Dean finally spoke as we got comfortable in our hotel room. I let the conversation between Randy and myself run through my head quickly. He didn't threaten me but I would say he threatened us as a group.

"No, just us." I spoke quietly, afraid to spark up his anger once again. He nodded his head and quickly shoved his fingernail into his mouth to chew on it. His eyes drifted into a deep thought while he ran his finger across his lips. 

"I've got it. Paige, tomorrow on Smackdown track down Orton and tell him you want to be on their side. Tell him that we had this huge falling out, say whatever you need to say. Get on their side and gain their trust. Roman and I will fire back, angry that you've joined their side, makin' it all believable. You keep us updated on their plans. We'll destroy them from the inside out. Genius, right?" Dean spoke with a sly grin.

His plan could work. All I have to do is keep it convincing. I gotta' get my bad girl act back on and that's no problem for me. This is brilliant. We're going to take these bastards down and play them at their own game, only better. They don't know what's coming.

"I'll do it. But we gotta' make this work, okay? No driving together, no hotel rooms together, no nothin'. I gotta' cut myself apart from you two." I spoke, beginning that sentance happily but the last part hurt. I don't want to be away from Dean. I need him. "B-but, Dean. I can't be, I can't do that." I mumbled.

Dean pulled me against his chest. "Babe it's alright, we'll figure it out. I'll get to ya', don't worry. This is our masterplan, I won't let anything ruin it." He pulled away with a smile. 

"Dean this has gotta' be one of your best plans ever. Where the hell do ya' come up with this stuff?" Roman smirked.

It is a pretty darn good plan. I mean, Steph loves me already and now that I'm divas champion that gives The Authority some gold in their grasp, it'll look good for them. They won't suspect a thing.

But the real problem I'll have is pretending to actually like Seth. I hate the dude, can't stand him. There's no way I will be able to even stand in the same room as him and not say something bitchy.

"But I can't stand Seth. I will punch him in the throat." I growled, angrily. Both Roman and Dean exploded in laughter.

"Oh man, trust me, I know how that feels." Roman laughed. "You don't have to like him, hell it's even more convincing if you two bicker all the time. Don't put up no fake act, let him know how you really feel." He spoke. 

"Alright. Plan S.H.I.E.L.D begins tomorrow. This is our brutal retaliation, guys. Now lets get some sleep so we can go all in." Dean grinned widely before rubbing his hands together.