[69] Fight

I hardly made it backstage before I was ambushed from behind, landing myself face down on the cold concrete ground. The hit to the back of my head was the last thing I felt before my vision went blank. But somehow my brain was still thinking, knowing that it was that ruthless Nikki Bella.

I jolted awake, sucking in a deep breath and jerking at the cold hands that were checking gripping my wrist, and touching at my face. The familiar scent of the trainers room calmed me and I was able to somewhat relax, until a seering pain shot through my head and neck.

The lights blinded me and I squinted my eyes, trying to ask what happened as if they would know. I groaned in pain trying to pull myself up but a warm hand was placed on my chest, restraining me as carefully as it could.

"Babe, hey, don't move. Alright? You're hurt bad." Dean's voice whispered, trying to sound calm and soothing but there was a hiss of anger that lingered in his tone.

"Mmmm." I groaned, trying to smile a little at the sound of his voice.

"What hurts?" He asked, as his hand came off of my chest and his voice sounded a little more distant. A few more voices entered the room along with the sound of something rolling in with them.

A stretcher.

I jerked up, swinging my legs off of the table and almost falling over the edge but instead landing against Dean's chest, as his arms wrapped around me. The pain shot through my spine but I played it off like nothing. And I was right, paramedics had entered the room and were rushing towards me trying to get me to lay back down.

"I'm not - I'm staying here. I'm fine." I hissed, pulling away from them.

"Paige, you can't stay here. You need proper medical attention right away. You are unable to compete tonight." The doctor spoke, stepping closer.

I shook my head, wincing in pain. "I have a title to defend."

"And you also have an injury that needs to be treated. You may have a strained neck injury, if you don't get proper treatment it could prolong into something more serious with a few months needed out of the ring to recover." He spoke, his tone coming off more harsh and serious.

"I'm not leaving. I'll take an advil, retain my title, then I'll head to the hospital after if I need to. You cannot make me leave." I spoke, tugging out of Dean's grasp and storming out of the trainers room.

"Paige, come on." Dean's voice lingered behind me. "This is serious! I know where you're comin' from but Jesus Christ, ya can't be so damn stubborn all the time!" He hissed.

I turned around to face him, staring into his eyes. "Dean, you don't know what my title means to me..." Then my hands met my shoulder, realizing the belt wasn't there where it should be. It's gone.

I stormed back into the trainers office which was left the same way; Medics standing around in shock, the trainer looking as if he knew this would happen with his arms folded, and an empty stretcher where they planned to strap me down for the night.

"Where's my title?" I shouted.

"You didn't have it when we found you... But, Paige, you really ought to take the rest of the night off." The trainer spoke.

I ignored him and hurried out of the room. Dean was right there, where I had left him. "She took my bloody title." I growled.

"Who?" He asked.

"Nikki Bella." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. Who else would have the guts to take MY hard earned title?

Dean sighed, "She's the one who attacked you? I knew there was a reason I never liked her!"