[17] Disaster

I pulled the hood of my sweatshirt over my head pulling my knees to my chest, ready to watch the brawl. I do kind of feel guilty letting Dean go out there all by himself but it's for the best. I watched as he made his entrance looking pretty damn confident. Maybe he can actually win this. 

My music hit but obviously I didn't make an entrance. Dean's face turned confused as he skimmed the arena looking for me. His eyes flicking all around the arena before turning dark. Two minutes passed and nothing happened. 'I'm in catering Dean, this is for your benefit', I yelled in my head. Once the Wyatts music hit Dean had totally lost it. 

Before the bell could ring Dean was all over Harper but the other two Wyatts weren't far behind, this one on one match quickly turned into a three on one beat down. It hurts to see Dean so defenseless. Finally the referee was able to take control and get Bray and Rowan out of the ring but the damage has been done. Dean's already struggling to get to his feet.

Dean hasn't been able to even get to his feet most of this match. I'm starting to wonder if it would be any different if I had been out there.

It's almost been ten minutes of Dean getting his ass handed to him and it's painful to watch. I should have went out there. I should go out there, but my nerves have me glued to this seat and I don't want to face the Wyatt's. Call me selfish but sometimes you have to look out for yourself.

Dean was able to counter Harpers alligator roll and locked him into a headlock. Harper began nodding out. But just as he appeared to be ready to tap out Rowan was on the ropes distracting the referee. Dean let go of Harper in an attempt to go after Rowan but he had already backed down.

Dean turned around to be greeted by a huge boot to the face knocking him to the mat. Harper covered Dean but he just barely kicked out at the 2 count. This frustrated Harper and he began kicking the shit out of Dean before rolling out to get advice from his superior, Bray Wyatt. Just seeing the camera zoom in on Bray Wyatt made my stomach churn.

My hearts pounding in my chest, I just need Dean to be okay. I don't think he can win this but as long as he makes it out in one piece everything will be okay. Maybe a loss would make the Wyatt's feel that they've won this battle and they'll move on to the next guy.

Harper pulled himself back into the ring but Dean charged at him and viciously began attacking him. After a well deserved beat down on Harper, Dean connected dirty deeds but before the referee could hit the 3 count, the other two Wyatt's began attacking him. He stands no chance. They're going to tear him to shreds.

I ripped myself out of my seat and charged towards the curtain. "Shut the lights for 20 seconds!" I demanded, making my way through the curtain as soon as the lights blacked out.

I cautiously found my way ringside and rummaged for something destructive under the ring, my hands settled on what feels like a steel chair. I pulled it out and slid into the ring waiting in the corner. But whe the lights flicked back on the Wyatt's had disappeared. Immediately my heart dropped. How the hell could they have just disappeared like that?

I turned my attention back to Dean who had barely made it to his feet. His eyes are locked on mine and full of anger. "What the fuck Paige, why the fuck weren't you out here?" He yelled angrily, catching me off guard. Why is he mad? I just basically saved his ass.

"I fucking thought they did something to you, do you know how fucking scared I was? You know what, fuck all of this." He circled his finger between myself and him. "This is why I don't fucking care about people because I always get screwed over. So fuck it." He stormed out of the ring still yelling to himself.

My hands became weak letting the steel chair clash against the mat. Deans words still running through my head. I had just expected him to know that I wasn't going to be out here but he had no idea and immediately jumped to the worst case scenario. God, I'm a fucking idiot.

I could feel the lump forming in my throat. I rolled out the ring and quickly stormed backstage. My eyes began to water and I couldn't get into the locker room fast enough. I slumped my back against the door, letting a few tears down my cheeks. I fucked up.

I grabbed my stuff and got ready to head to the hotel. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and pulled a sweatshirt and a pair of sweats over my gear. There's no way I'm sticking around the rest of the night, it's already a disaster and it's just going to get worse.

As I turned the corner my heart nearly stopped. Summer Rae has her hands all over Dean and he's not even fighting it. I stood there in disgust peering around the corner. She caught a glance of me and immediately her mouth crashed against his, but he let her. He didn't push her away. I felt my heart break inside of me, a horrific tangle of feelings shot through my veins.

"Fuck you both." I choked out before storming down the hallway and into the parking lot. The second I got into my car everything just poured out. I can't believe that. I actually had the nerve to think he was different. I'm fucking pathetic.

A gentle knock on my window nearly scared the life out of me. I looked up to see Dean. His face almost made me sick. "Fuck off." I mouthed before starting the engine and taking off.