THE SANGEET

Arjun spent a restless night. He had seen the easy camaderie between Sunaina and Vikram.

Though outwardly they appeared as good friends it was possible that they harboured secret feelings for each other.

Tomorrow he would monitor both of them closely and then come to some decision.

Sunaina was very excited to meet Vikram. Vikram was her childhood friend . They had spent many vacations together and had even done schooling together. Though Vikram was senior by three years yet due to him no one had bullied her in school.

" Su since when have you known Vikram?"

" Sometimes I feel since I was born ."

" You never mentioned him before?"

" Actually he was in USA pursuing his masters in engineering. He has recently come back and joined his fathers business "

" Su he isvery handsome "

" Are you interested ?"

" No but he must be having a girlfriend because he is very handsome ,"

" Even Arjun is very handsome . Does he have a girlfriend?"

" Well Su he cares for you . It's not that girls haven't approached him but he is totally smitten with you so no girl stands any chance "

" Shivani this is too much"

The next morning after breakfast they decided to pick their dresses for the sangeet and mehndi ki raat.

Sunaina opened her suitcase and searched for her blue lehnga but it was nowhere to be found.

She called her mother but was informed that she had forgotten to bring it .

Shivani offered her the use of her dresses but Sunaina was disappointed.

After an hour the door bell rang and Vikram was standing at the door.

" Doll are you ready ? Shivani and Arjun you also come with us ?"

" Hey Vikram what are you doing here ? Don't you have any work to do ?"

" Come on we are going somewhere "

Shivani and Arjun declined to accompany them .

Vikram took Sunaina to a bungalow in Jaipur which belonged to a top designer.

" Sunaina select a lehnga for tonight ."

" No Vikram I will manage "

" Doll are you going to pick yourself or should I choose"

" How did you know ?"

" I overheard your mom when she was apologising for forgetting "

The collection of lehngas was exquisite. She liked two of them . One was peacock blue shade and the other was deep rust colour.

Vikram asked her to try both . Eventually they finalised the blue one .

He also persuaded her to buy matching accessories.

He took her to a nearby restaurant where they took a quick lunch and then he dropped her to Shivani,s house.

When they entered Arjun seemed to be waiting for her . He saw her carrying bags of clothing." Su if you needed anything you could have asked me. I would have taken you to the market or the mall . Vikram needn't have bothered."

" No even I didn't know that Vikram was coming "

" Arjun I enjoyed myself with my friend. Hiw could I have missed such an opportunity . Ok bye guys. Meet you in the evening."

Arjun was jealous.

In the evening Shivani dressed in a beautiful purple palazzo suit . She was looking gorgeous.

Arjun was wearing an ethnic black shervani looking very handsome.

Both were waiting for Sunaina. Sunaina came downstairs waering the peacock blue lehnga . It was made of pure silk with a white and blue net dupatta. The blouse was deep cut showing her fair complexion. She was wearing a matching blue lipstick and a dark coloured smoky eyeshadow. Her neck was adorned with a semi precious blue stone necklace. She had tied her hair in a high bun and was wearing three inch heels.

She was stunning and Arjun couldn't take his eyes off her.

" Su you are looking very beautiful. Today I will be the envy of everyone "

Sunaina blushed . " Bhai don't forget me ", Shivani laughed. Arjun offered her his hand and the other to Sunaina who shyly took it .

When Arjun entered the hotel with two beautiful ladies he was the cynosure of everyone,s eyes .

They were enjoying their drinks when Vikram came .

" Doll you are stunning today. It is as if this dress was made by the designer keeping you in mind ."

Vikram himself was wearing a royal blue coloured shervani and looking sinfully handsome.

" Vikram you are not looking bad yourself"

" Is that a compliment doll . It will be a first from your side."

Both Shivani and Sunaina danced to Bollywood songs with Vikram and Arjun.

Arjun tried to dance maximum with Sunaina . He was acting very possessive and Sunaina didn't like his behaviour but kept quiet

They applied mehndi and stayed till wee hours in the morning.

After the function Arjun took them home.