58- Celine

Never run for a bus, train, or man. When one leaves another arrives.

Two weeks later

My phone buzzed in my hand as I was seated in the theatre. Cassandra and her boyfriend were seated to my right and Adrian on my left. Adrian was my sister's co-worker and he had been coming around for the last few weeks.

A few weeks prior, we went to a basketball game in Texas. It was last minute but it was a good time. Adrian was an attractive man. He had a strong jaw, tanned skin, and a beautiful brownish green color to his eyes.

We were about to watch a movie that I didnt really want to see. I wanted to be home instead of here. I was still not ready to go out with any men and I was still grieving my relationship with Remy.

Adrian knew a little bit about my situation but he never asked or pried  further. He told me a few times that if I needed to talk than he would be here for me. The movie began but my bladder had other plans. I put my hand onto Adrian's thigh to get his attention. He leaned closer to me so I could whisper to him.

"I have to go to the restroom. Would you walk me out there?" I asked him.

He gave me thumbs up and he stood to his feet. Cassandra and her boyfriend Tony, looked at us both. Adrian told him that we would be going to the bathroom. As we got to the hallway, Adrian began to laugh.

I raised an eyebrow at him as we walked down the hall. "Why are you laughing?" I asked him.

"It was hard to remain quiet." He flashed me a dimple and he put a hand on my back.

I bumped my hip into his and instead of going into the bathroom, we sat at a table where the popcorn was served.

"I really just dont want to watch that movie. Im sorry if I ruined the night for you." I said.

"Since we've been hanging out I dont think there has been a night that you have ruined. I think it is impossible."

I gave him a smile and I studied him. He would be a good man. He was successful, handsome, and smart. I was not sure why he kept coming around but I enjoyed the company.

"CELINE!" I heard my name being called.

The hair on my neck stood straight up and it felt like I had ice water poured over my head. Standing in the entrance of the movie theatre was Remy and Xander. Xander was holding him back and Remy was fuming with anger.

I put my hand to my head and Adrian looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"This is the stuff I dont want to talk about. Can you get me out of here please?" I asked with panic in my voice.

"Xander, please dont let him near me." I yelled across, Adrian pulling on my arm as we went out of an emergency exit.

.

.

.

Adrian sat across from me as we sipped in a cup of warm milk. He hadn't said a word and I was opening up about it. I enjoyed his company and I was afraid if I said anything he would vanish before I had the chance to really know him.

Occasionally he would run his hand across my forehead and push away the stray hair that would fall in my face. I would then sigh and we'd make eye contact. I think we were afraid to speak and ruin the safe atmosphere that we had created. I didn't want to lie to him and I didn't want to shut him out of any of this.

"You're probably wondering what that was." I said quietly.

"I would be lying if I said I wasn't." He said.

I take a sip of the milk and I put my hair behind my ear. "If I tell you please don't freak out." I said.

"I've heard a lot of things in my lifetime. I'll try my best." He said.

"That was my ex. He cheated on me and I left and came home. I don't know why he is here and how he found me but I want nothing to do with him."

"I know you enough to know that there is more to it than that. I won't pry."

"There is tons more. More than you'd imagine. How much do you want to hear?" I asked.

"Tell me it all." He said flat.

So I told him, all of it.

.

.

.

Sorry it's so late! Lemme hear your thoughts