Chapter 4

Chachi: nandu....Yeh paise ???

Nandini: chachi... Ye paise maine rishabh ki treatment ke liye save kare hai chachi... Aap please isse use kar lena...

Chachi: nandu.... Meri baat sun baache.... Mai Yeh paise nhi rakh sakti...

Nandini: lekin chachi...

Chachi: meri baat sun le nandu....
Pheli baat toh tere chacha tujhse gussa hai... Unhone rishta toda hai tujhse voh Yeh paise kabhi nhi lege....kuch bhi karengey par rishabh ki treatment mai koi kaami nhi ayegei...
Meri baat maan nandu... Tu Yeh paise le ja... Is anjaan sheher mai Tu kisse ko nhi janti... Yeh paise tere Bahot kaam aayengey... Mere pass Yeh yun hei pade rahengey... Usse better toh Yeh hai na ki kisse ke kaam aa jaye...

Rishabh who was standing beside too told her to please take this money with herself...

Finally seeing that chachi won't agree she kept all the money safely with her....

Before leaving she hugged chachi once again and then came and hugged rishabh....

After breaking the hug she wiped his tears and said...
Nandini: rona nhi hai rishabh... You are my strong baby right.... Chachi ko pareshan mat karna okay???  And apni medicines time se lena.... No carelessness with your treatment..... And always remember Di loves you.... Mujhe nhi pata when is the next time I will see you... Please promise me ki Mere liye apna khayal rakhe ga????

Rishabh promised nandini and also understood whatever she told him...

Lastly she took the jar of fireflies in her hand that Manik had gifted and bidding bye left the murthy mansion for forever....

One thing that she knew was that now she is all alone to survive in this cruel world... She needed to take care of herself because of the life that was growing inside her...

She purchased a newspaper from a nearby store and then went and sat in a local cafe...

Though she was a scholarship student in space but still some fees needs to be paid.... She knew that she needs to work to earn her livelihood from now on... Going to college and plus working will be very exerting for her which she can't because of her condition.... Moreover she wasn't even a college graduate... She knew that she won't get any high status job so it won't be possible for her to manage all the expenses in that... Having no other option she decided to drop her studies...
Though she knew that it was a terrible decision but then she had no other option than to mentally prepare herself to face the hardships of life.....

Firstly she started looking for a  1bhk house on rent in the newspaper..... She had very limited amount of money so she definitely couldn't afford a house in any of the porsh areas....

After going through a lot of advertisements she finally found a 1bhk house in her budget.... It was located in one of the chaul of Mumbai..... It was basically a locality of lower middle class people.....

She took her bag and moved to the chaul area to meet the owner of the house.....

She ringed the bell... The door was opened by a lady who seemed to be in late 40's...

Lady: kya kaam hai??

Nandini: voh.. Maine newspaper mai Dekha tha ki aapke yahan ghar hai rent pe dene ko???

Lady: haan... Hai toh.....

Nandini: Mai lena chahti Hun.... agar aap mujhe ek baar Dekha dete toh....

Lady: Theek hai... Mai chabi lekar ati hai...

Lady came out with the key.....

Lady :ghar 6 floor pe hai...

Nandini: 6 floor pe????  Lift hai kya...

The lady took her to the lift....

Inside the lift....

Lady: waise toh Yeh lift hai... Par adhe se zyada time gharab rehti hai....

In the mean time 6 floor arrived..

They moved towards the flat....

She opened the house and showed it to nandini..... She liked it according to what she could afford for the time being....

Lady: Yeh hai ghar.... Iss floor pe total 4 ghar hai.... Baaki ke 3 ghar mai log pehele se rehte hai.... Pani yahan subah ke 6 baje se lekar shaam ke 6 baje tak ata hai toh bhar kar bhi rakhna padta hai.... Garmi mai light jati hai toh inventor nhi hai.... Kiraya mujhe har mahine ke 3 tarik se pehele chahiye....
Yahan stove nhi hai...Gau mai jaisa chula hota hai na voh hai... Waise toh mai tum jaise kuwaro ko ghar nhi deti par Tu shareef lagi isliye Terko Dekha rahi hai....aur haan koi ladke ka chakar nhi Chahiye.... Mahine ka Kiraya 4000rs.... Maine Terko pehele hei sab kuch baat diya..... Ab bol deal final karu kya????

Nandini had no other option and she knew that rest all other houses were way more expensive than this...

Nandini (self talk): abhi ghar ki zaroorat hai.. Inko nhi batati ki mai pregnant Hun..... Baad mai Dekha jayega... Jo bhi hoga...

Nandini: Theek hai.... Aap done kar do...

Lady: Theek hai.... Iss mahine ka Kiraya 4000rs.....

Wish this nandini handed her the amount....

The lady handed over her the keys when nandini asked her...

Nandini: voh yahan dhoodh aur sabzi wale ka kya hisab hai???

Lady: dhoodh wala subah ata hai... Mai kal bhej degi aur sabzi ke liye yahan gali mai kinare mai baith ta hai sabzi wala....

Nandini: Theek hai... Thank you....

With this the lady went and nandini closed the door....

The house was 1bhk.... It contained only fan... No A/c.....there was one small couch and a small table in the drawing room....
In the bedroom there was one double bed not in a very good condition.... And one small cupboard..... The kitchen did not had fridge.... For chilled water there was an earthen port kept.... She had basic utensils and containers to stock food but they needed to be filled....

She firstly unpacked the few clothes she had got with herself.....
Then she made a small temple in one corner which contained her ayyappa's photo...
After doing a little bit settings according to her she decided to get basic food items for herself and also it had been a while she had eaten anything and it wasn't good for her to remain hungry for a long time...

So she locked her house and went to the nearby small market....
She first purchased some grocery items and then purchased some vegetables....

She then went back to her house....
Another major challenge for her now was the stove... She knew cooking but she hadn't used that in her lifetime....
After thinking for sometime she finally got an idea to use the Internet... She definitely faced problem but then she somehow managed to learn how to use it....
Finally after having her food she decided to look for suitable jobs in the newspaper...