Chapter 5

Most of the jobs that were in the newspaper were for big MNC'S or international schools... She knew she wasn't well qualified for those jobs...Even if she looks for a job of music teacher she won't be selected because she did not had her degree and there are hardly people in this country who give jobs and opportunities only on the basis of talent....

She then saw an advertisement of a job of a girl required in a cafe....
She knew she immediately needed a job and so without giving it much of a thought she decided to go for the interview....

The cafe was at half an hour distance from the chaul where she was living...
She took an auto and reached there.....

Nandini: ma'am I have seen this advertisement in the newspaper that you have vacancy here...

Owner: yes we are looking for a girl to work in the cafe..... You have to take orders and serve the customers.... Timing will be from 11 am - 8 pm......

Nandini: ma'am salary???

Owner: 12,000 rs per month.....

Nandini: okay ma'am.... I would like to join...

Owner: Okay.... But make sure you are on time and yes one more thing agar boyfriend hai toh ghar par karna jo bhi karna hai... Yahan koi scene nhi Chahiye...

Hearing her she remembered how she had gone to a cafe for a job when she was expelled from the college and how Manik had come there asking her for dhruv when the owner of that cafe had said the same thing...and at that time she had lied that they both love each other... Little did she knew at that time that one day it will actually happen when manik and nandini will fall irrevocably in love with each other....

Owner: hello... Kahan kho gayi??

Nandini: kahin nhi ma'am... I promise aapko meri side se koi problem nhi hogi....

Owner: Theek hai... You can join from tomorrow then...

After getting the job she came out of the cafe and went back to her house...

She had shelter and also had a job to earn her livelihood...
Now the important thing left was that she needed to consult a doctor for her pregnancy....
She remembered before leaving the doctor had told her to visit her in a day or two as some of the test were required to be conducted....

Nandini (self talk) - mai kya karu... Kisse bhi aise hei doctor ko consult nhi kar sakti... Aur city hospital mai jo doctor hai... She is the best gynaecologist... But then she will he really expensive.....
But meri pregnancy aur bhi zyada delicate hai.... Mai apne baache ko kuch hone nhi de sakti.... Mujhe unhei se consult karna chahiye.....

With this she dialled a number....

Doctor: hello..

Nandini: hello doctor nandini this side... Voh apne kaha tha to come in a day or two for the full body checkup... Is it possible that you can fix the appointment for today evening.....

Doctor: Okay.... If you say so..... Then you can come in the evening only.... Hum aaj hei pura check up kar lete hai....

Nandini: Okay... Thank you doctor....

She finally went inside the bedroom and sat comfortably on it relaxing herself....
She still had 3 hours left for her appointment....

She was lightly caressing her tummy and with the other hand she was holding Manik's photo.....

Nandini speaking to Manik's photo....

Nandini: I miss you manik.... Aaj Tum agar Mere saath hotey toh zindagi kitni Alag hoti.... Ye news sunke tum pagal ho jatey.... Mujhe apni padhai nhi chodni padhti.... Hum milkar iss baache ko voh saari khushiyan dete jo humme apne Bachpan mai nhi mili... But kuch nhi hota.... Tum na tension mat lo..... Mai akele hei iss baache ke liye sab kuch karungi... Lekin sirf tab tak jab tak tum wapis nhi atey.... Mujhe Bahot zyada wait mat karwana... I miss you and I love you.....

With this she drifted to sleep because it all had been very tiring for her since morning....

It was 5 in the evening when she woke up and went to the hospital...

Nandini knocked the doctor's cabin....

Doctor: come in...

Nandini came and sat in front of the doctor.....

Doctor: hello nandini... How are you feeling today???

Nandini: i am fine doctor...

Doctor: tumhare saath koi nhi aya.... And I had asked you to bring along your husband.. Voh nhi aye???

Nandini: Doctor voh.... Voh I am not married...... And I have nobody with me.....I am all alone...

Doctor: oh... I see... Nandini phele baat toh I am your doctor... You have to be frank with me.... And kabhi bhi you feel you want someone to listen to you... I am there...

Nandini: Thank you doctor....

Doctor :Okay... So first of all a few guidelines for you.....
You have to take extra care of yourself... I will give you a list of food items that a pregnant woman cannot have.... For the first trimester you have to be more careful because chances of miscarriage are high... No exerting yourself..... I will conduct some test and accordingly I will tell you what more to eat and what not.... Don't carry heavy things..... And yes most importantly try to keep yourself as much happy as you can.... The more you are happy and healthy better will be baby's health..... And haan you will feel nausea...sometimes you will feel pukish specially in the morning.... Kabhi kabhi dizziness bhi feel hogi.... Nothing to be worried about... All these are absolutely normal during pregnancy...

Nandini: Okay doctor..... Doctor I can work right???

Doctor:absolutely.... Even we also prefer that little work is needed for the women in this stage... It helps you in keeping active.....

Okay nandini... So now a few test needs to be conducted.... Here is the list you can go through it once.... You can pay at the reception and from there they will take you for the test....
Excuse me till then.... I have a small operation to perform...