Chapter 26

Dr shikha: manik.... Relax.... Kuch ghabrane ki baat nhi hai... But there are few things I want you to know and take care of...

Manik nodded understanding the doctors words....

Dr shikha: Okay manik... Phele baat toh... I know that you too are very young for this responsibility but manik pregnancy jitna nandini ko affect kare gei utna tumhe nhi... Mera matlab all the changes in her body.... You need to be really patient with her... You need to shower her with all your love and care... Bahot baari voh cranky aur irritated rahe gei.... And also Manik she will become image conscious too.... She will gain weight.... Stretch marks will occur..... She might start thinking that she isn't beautiful now..... She might think that you don't love her...Manik perfect se perfect relationship mai during pregnancy insecurities aa jati hai.... Phir tum toh abhi Bahot young ho.... She might feel ki usse Bahot better girls hai for you.... At that time all she needs is your assurance that she was and will always be the most beautiful girl for you....
Tum samjh rahe ho na??

Manik: yes aunty .... I understand...

Dr shikha: now coming to the next thing...
Manik tumne suna hei hoga how painful is labour pain.... I know when we listen hum imagine nhi kar patey..... Aur hum kar bhi nhi sakte manik... Only the girl who is in that condition knows about it..... We have an ideal age for pregnancy not just because our body goes through the changes and we should be mentally prepared for them but also because at that age we are comparatively ready to bear the pain....
It will be very tough for her manik and I know for you too... But at that time you cannot fall weak.... She will need you the most at that time....

Manik:aunty kya kuch nhi ho sakta to reduce her pain at that time??

Dr shikha: we can't do anything for that Manik.... It is different with every birth...kissi ko kam pain nhi ho ta and some are so painful that they faint.... Kissi ki delivery 1 hour mai bhi ho jati hai.... And some patients they even take more than 24 hours.....
We can just do this much that mother and baby should be healthy... Jitna they both will be fine Utney complications will be less....

And the last thing for now Manik.....agar nandini abhi bhi akeli hoti toh I wouldn't have prescribed her because it is comparatively expensive... But now that you are there... Because uska second trimester start ho gaya hai...I will recommend you to buy some maternity clothes for her.... I know you need them for only 6 months of pregnancy and maybe 2-3 months after that... But then they are very comfortable... They are made of soft fabric since during pregnancy the skin becomes sensitive and also it is light weighted... So it will be comfortable to nandini.... I don't think so the jeans and leggings she currently wear are comfortable because as the baby grows it's natural her abdomen size also increases...

Manik: I will take care about it aunty... Anything else...

Dr shikha: Nhi... That's it for today.... Baaki kuch bhi problem ho you can contact me anytime....

Manik: Thank you aunty...

With this Manik came out...

As soon as nandini saw Manik she stood up and came to Manik...

Nandini: Manik.... Sab Theek hai na?? Aunty ne tumhe Alag se kya bataya.... Koi tension ki baat nhi hai na Manik... Tum mujhe bata sakte ho....

Manik held her shoulder and said...

Manik: shona shona... Relax.... Baby kuch nhi hua... Everything is fine..... You don't get stressed.... Mujhe aunty ne sirf kuch precautions bataye hai for you aur kuch bhi nhi... Koi tension ki baat nhi hai....

Nandini: pakka na??

Manik: haan meri jaan... Pakka...
Chalo... Let's move.... Kaafi time ho gaya you haven't eaten anything.... Ghar chalte hai...