Chapter 40

Though the target isn't fulfilled but I can't wait for eternity for you guys to complete it...
So here is the next update...

Soon Manik came out all fresh and changed in his night clothes...

He came near Nandini who was sitting on the bed...

Manik: chale...

Nandini: hm....

With this he helped her in getting up from the bed....

Soon they moved out...

The reached the stairs....
And Manik Held her firmly with his one hand on her waist and with other one he was holding her hand...

Soon they descended the stairs and seeing them neonika spoke...

Neonika: aagaye Tum log...aao baitho...

Manik: nhi maa... voh Mai Nandini ko garden Mai walk ke liye le kar ja Raha Hun...

Neonika: theek hai beta...Mai Lilly (servant) Ko keh kar bahar Pani aur towel rakh wa deti Hun....

Hearing Neonika Manik nodded and then moved out with Nandini...

Manik had held her securely and they both were walking slowly on the Grass...

They had taken a few steps only and Nandini started breathing heavily indicating that she is tired...

Manik made her sit on the near by bench and wiped the sweat.....

Though Manik and family has taken immense care of Nandini.... and her health has improved a lot..... but at the end we cannot change the fact that her body has grown and developed only as a 19 years old girl... and this is the time when body isn't ready for pregnancy..

As her belly is growing...her as well as the baby's weight is growing making it difficult for her to walk And making her tired easily...

After catching her breath when she felt a little better  they again started walking taking small small intervals in between....

Till the time they returned it was dinner so everyone sat on the dinning table...

Neonika spoke while having dinner....

Neonika: Manik...aaj dopahar Mai Nandini akele stairs se utari...

Hearing her Manik gave Nandini a Stern look while Nandini suddenly found the food in her plate so interesting that her whole attention was on it...

Manik aksed sarcastically...

Manik: please enlighten us why did you pull this stunt when you completely have been told not to walk down the stairs alone...

Nandini looked at neonika and cribbed...

Nandini: mom....aap ne kyu bataya Manik ko...

Neonika: beta I am telling him for your good only...Mai tumhe first day hei Bola tha ki tum neeche wala room lo but I allowed you take the room that is upstairs because you were adamant on taking that room because it was Manik's and it had his feel and presence and you felt some unknown comfort....I understood that baacha.... but please iss condition Mai you shouldn't walk down the stairs alone na...

Nandini: mom..I did not wanted to disturb you...

Neonika: baacha... you could have called any servant for help....we have so many of them...

Nandini: I will take care mom....

Nandini knew that Manik is still angry so she looked at him and spoke...

Nandini: sorry I won't do it again....I will be careful....

Manik calmed down a little and spoke...

Manik held her hand and spoke...

Manik: Shona....I don't want to restrict you... believe me... it is only for your safety....I can't afford to loose anymore people in my life....I am not that strong please....

Seeing him gloomy...
Nandini immediate kept her other hand on their intertwined one and spoke...

Nandini: you won't I promise...Mai Dhyan rakhu gei....

Hearing her Manik smiled noddingly....

Raj: Manik.... I think ab tumhe 2 months ke liye work from home kar Lena chahiye... Nandini need's you more...

Before Manik could speak Nandini spoke...

Nandini: Nhi dad it's okay.... Manik ne Abhi Abhi join Kiya hai.. it's important for his career and business....

Neonika: Nandini.... Raj khud permission de Rahe hai...then when are you refusing for it when you want completely opposite of it??

Hearing her all the men frowned in confusion...

Nandini: mom please....aap kuch nhi bataiye gei...

Manik: ek minute.... what is this happening...mom Nandini kya Chupa Rahi hai....

Nandini: mom you promised..

Neonika: I promised Mai khud ja kar manik Ko nhi bataungi... but now Manik is himself asking me...I can tell him.... it's for your betterment baacha...

Cabir: Mom please....come to the point... stop having this secret conversation with Nandini....

Neonika: Manik From the day we have shifted here and you have joined the Office Nandini used to miss you a lot... mujhe nhi pata chalta agar Maine dekha nhi hota....she had taken a promise from me not to tell you....

Nandini lowered her head and Manik looked at Nandini in confusion and then Neonika...

Neonika:jab tum office chale jatey thai... sometimes she used to cry and used to miss you a Lot... during pregnancy cravings Hoti hai... but in Nandini's case she never had a craving for any food...all she wanted was you to be with her.....all she craved was for YOU.... your presence, your warmth, during her mood swings sometimes she used to cry hysterically remembering you, wanting for your embrace but still she wouldn't let me call you.... usne Kabhi bataney Nhi diya because voh tumhare career ke beech Mai nhi ana chahti thi.... she wanted you to concentrate and excel in whatever you are doing....

And aaj jab Raj ne ye Baat kari and still she denied...... you taking an off I couldn't control myself more....

After Neonika completed Manik looked at Nandini with hurt in his eyes....
While all that Nandini did was to look down not meeting anyone's eyes....

After a silence of 2 minutes Manik spoke...

Manik: Dad Mai kal apko work from home ki application mail kar dunga...aap please use approve kar dijiye ga...

Everyone had their dinner in silence after that...

Once everyone was done neonika spoke...

Neonika: I want to discuss something with you all...sab living room Mai baith kar baat kar lete hai....