Chapter 6

After the doctor went nandini started looking at the list of test that was handed to her.... The price for each test was also mentioned along with the names... Those were a lot of test because her full body check up needs to be done and also they were quite expensive since she was with the best gynaecologist......

Nandini (self talk): ayyappa... Yeh test kitne mehngey hai.....ye saare test kam se kam 15,000 ki hongey plus medicines etc include karke it will cost me around 20,000 rupees.... Mere pass toh total saving hei 25,000 hai... Matlab pura month sirf 5000 mai chalana padega.... But maine promise kiya tha ki Hamare baache ka mai pura dhyan rakhungi....

Finally after thinking about the entire situation she went towards the receptionist....

Nandini: voh... Yeh test karwane hai....

Receptionist: Okay... Patient ka name???

Nandini: nandini murthy....

Receptionist : Aapke saare test ka total Hua 15,000

With this she paid the amount and was taken for all the test...

It took almost 1.5 hours to conduct her full body check up.....

After that she went towards the doctor cabin....

Doctor: nandini reports will be prepared in half an hour....  if you want you can wait or otherwise we can discuss them tomorrow..

Nandini (self talk) - kal se toh job pe jana hai... I won't get time...

Nandini: Nhi doctor..... I will wait...

Doctor: Okay then....you can wait in the waiting area outside....

After half an hour...

Nurse: Nandini murthy....

Nandini: ji mai Hun...

Nurse: aapko doctor ander bulu rahi hai...

Nandini went inside the cabin....

Doctor: come nandini... Your reports have come... Let's discuss them once...

Nandini: Doctor..... Everything is okay na???

Doctor: nothing to be worried about... Juts a few things that need to be taken care of....

As I have said earlier you are too young for this pregnancy and also you are weak nandini... I will prescribe you a list of vitamins and calcium tablets... You Will have to take them in order to make your body capable enough to carry the baby... Abhi toh phir bhi itna nhi pata chalega... But gradually when the baby will start growing then it will take more of supplements from your body and at that time you will feel very weak... So in order to prevent that situation you need to have these vitamins and calciums.... And apart from this I am prescribing you a few other medicines which will help you at times when you feel morning sickness etc....

Any thing you want to ask???

Nandini: Doctor apart from this there is no compilation right????

Doctor: no... You and baby are absolutely fine.....

Nandini: Thank you doctor....

Doctor: nandini... You have to come every month for your checkup from now onwards...

Nandini: Thank you doctor...

With this she moved towards the pharmacy in the hospital...

She showed the shopkeeper the prescription and asked him to give the medicines...

The shopkeeper gave her all the medicines...

Nandini: kitna Hua bhaiya.....

Shopkeeper: ji 5000rs.....

Nandini: bhaiya.... Yeh saari medicines mehngi hai kya???

Shopkeeper: saari nhi... But Yeh vitamin and calcium wali hai....

Nandini: Theek hai abhi toh de dijiye....

With this she took the medicines and reached her house....

She firstly prepared Pooha in dinner... And then quickly had it because she shouldn't be empty stomach for a long time...

She then took the dose of her medicines...

She then sat on the bed as she needed to plan her monthly budget....

She had five thousand rupees in which she had to manage the entire month or June...

From next month onwards she will get 12,000 as her salary...

Nandini self talk - Mere pass 12,000 hongey.... Usmai se 4000 toh rent mai Chale jayengey.... Now I am left with 8000rs... Agar maine saari medicines lei toh they will cost me 5000rs and uske baad I will be left with only 3000 rs.....But pura month toh 3000 mai nhi manage hoga.... Cafe tak bhi walk karke jaana padega for half an hour....

She thought for a while and finally came to a conclusion....

Mere pass aur koi option nhi hai.... Agar mai Yeh vitamins and calciums nhi lun toh I can save 2500 rs more... Mere pass 5500 rs hongey for a month.... Itni mai toh mai Kaise bhi karke manage kar lungi....

Aaj jo medicines hai there stock is for a month.... Agar mai vitamin and calcium capsule alternative day pe lun toh I will be able to take it for 1 and 1/2 month....

Finally after deciding everything she decided to sleep....

AFTER 3 MONTHS

It has been almost 3 months that nandini is now pregnant....
In these 3 months she has experienced a lot of changes in her body....
Her morning sickness was getting worse day by day..... Sometimes after puking whatever she had eaten she experiences blackness that she needs to sit on the floor of her washroom to prevent herself from falling..... A lot of other changes were too felt by her.... She had her first sonography too where she saw her baby for the first time...
Though being told repeatedly by the doctor she had stopped taking those vitamins and calciums which had started Showing its effect on her body as she gets tired to easily and also experiences weakness.....

Coming to her job she is still working at the cafe.... As such she did not face any problem at the place where she works... Yes her owner is a little strict and money minded and not of friendly nature..... But that hasn't caused any problem to her till now... Many a times she needs to walk to her job and way back home due lack of funds and because of which her feet have swollen... Which pains her like hell but till the time she reaches back home she is too drained out to cure them.....

Living in that chaul was also not less than a challenge for her... The smoke of the stove use to trouble her a lot.... There was no A/c when the temperature was touching sky.... Mosquitoes would bite her the entire night and the most problematic thing was the lift.... As the landlady had told most of the times it is out of order..... Climbing 6 floors in this condition was very taxing and also risky as she was exerting herself a lot....

Moreover there was lack of money always which only improved her miseries....

But then all she knew was that she was all alone and she needs to adjust with things around her....

Sometimes she needed someone whom she could hug... On whose shoulder she could cry and let out all her pain that she had stored in from past 3 months.... She would terribly miss rishabh and her family and more than that she badly missed and needed manik....
She wasn't a girl who would accept her defeat very easily... But then in every person's life there comes a point when he gets tired of picking up his battles.... Same was the case with her......

But then she would console herself telling that it wasn't good for her health to cry like this..... She consoled herself and bought back that determination and courage for her child and more than that for Manik.....

Sometimes her hope would give up that Manik will return but then how could she let that trust shatter that she had on her manik that he will come back for her....... The trust would help her to bring alive the hope of his coming back......