Chapter 37

It was after an hour or so when a servant came and knocked the door...
He was there to escort the nurse to manan's room....

Servant: sir ... voh...yeh nurse Ayi hai...

Nurse: good afternoon sir!!

Manik nodded his head acknowledging her .....

Manik to the nurse...

Manik: Abhi... ma'am so Rahi hai...so aapki need nhi hai...in case apki help chahiye hogi....we will call you..

Manik to the Servant..

Manik: tab tak inhe guest room..dekha do...or she can wait in the hall..I don't want her to intrude in my privacy...by sitting in the room itself.....

Servant nodded the head and took the nurse along...

Within 5 mins there was another knock...

Manik: come in...

It was Neonika..

Manik: mom aap..

She was carrying a food tray in her hand...

She came and sat beside Manik who was still seating with Nandini in his embrace...

Neonika: Manik.. it's 1pm son... tumne subah se kuch nhi khaya hai.... tumhare liye khana lai hun.... have it...

Manik: mom... Mera Maan nhi hai...

Neonika: Manik....I understand that you are tensed for Nandini..... but you need to take care of yourself... Tum Khana nhi khaogey and bimar padh jaogey toh Nandini ka Dhyan kaun rakhe ga....and do you think she will like it when she will come to know that you are not eating food...
Nhi na...
Then have your food....she is a fighter... bas weakness hai.... she will be all good in a day or two...

With this Neonika left keeping the food tray on the side table...

Though neonika had made him understand and Manik knew she was correct still he did not feel like eating knowing well that his Jaan and Princess also didn't had proper food since yesterday evening......

Manik saw that Nandini was still in a deep sleep...so he thought of doing some office work...

So he took out his laptop...and started working on it... while he was working with one hand with other hand he had taken Nandini lightly in his embrace and he was caressing her hair side by side...

It was around 3 when Nandini started stirring in her sleep...
She slowly opened her eyes to adjust to light and to get familiar with the surrounding....

Though she was a bit better because of glucose that was given to her and bed rest but still she was very weak...

The first word she utter was...

Nandani: Manik...

Hearing his name Manik... looked at Nandini and saw her awake...

He then kept his laptop at the side and took her completely in his embrace and kissed her forehead...

Manik: feeling better??

Nandini: hmm....
Manik... Pani...

Manik: ruko...

With this Manik poured water in the glass from the jug and got the glass near her mouth when Nandini too lifted her hand to hold the glass....and hissed as the IV was attached to her hand of which she was unaware till now..

Manik: careful...

Nandini: Manik yeh...

Manik: tum phele pani piyo... phir Mai batata Hun...