Chapter 14

Manik: In the evening the doctor came and told us that he had talked with the neurosurgeon in pune.... The neurosurgeon told that there were 100% chances that I can recover.... There is a 1.5 month treatment that I have to take in pune... And then I will be all fit and fine....
Jo mera treatment hai that was to start from the next week....so the doctor advised me to be in the hospital for another 3 days.... They would then discharge me....in between cabir too came to meet me......he was all fit and fine to go back... But he decided to stay back with me....he told that he will accompany me to pune..... He did not contact anybody because then questions about my survival would have been raised...

The day I was discharged from the hospital.... Dad,mom,cabir and I we went to pune...

I was really upset that time that why was mom coming up with us....
After we reached pune dad told me everything about mom.....

At that time I felt so guilty..... I behaved so rudely with her and all that she was doing was for us...

Tumhe pata hai nandini it was after almost whole 2 years.... Pure do saal baad I called her mom..... I cried hugging her to my dear life.....

During my entire treatment she was the biggest support.... Mujhe kabhi unko kehna nhi padta tha ki I need something..  Pata nhi voh Kaisi har cheez samjh jati thi.... The treatment was sometimes very painful.... I used to cry and shout in pain.... Mom was always there beside me... She would take me in her embrace and console me like a kid... Kabhi kabhi I used to get high fever too she used to be awake all night and sit beside me....

Aur cabir.... Tumhe pata hai he was always there guiding My back.... Pure Din when I used to be on bed he was always there beside me....he used to entertain me.... He never used to let me get bored....

Bahot baari hota tha that I used to miss you so terribly that I wished ki mai abhi tumhe call kar lu....but then I used to control myself... Because of which I used to get angry and frustrated... Tab it was cabir who used to calm me down.. He used to make me imagine that how happy you will be once you see me back....

Slowly slowly as the treatment went on... I started making little movements and then finally the day came when my treatment got over....
I was all cured.... I thought that now I can come to you and my friends...
But the doctor Advised me not to travel for a week more because I recovered just now....

And it almost took 3 months for me to return back....

And the day we were returning cabir and I were in one car...

Our car broke down.... I called for another car and that required minimum of half an hour to come...

So we decided to look around for a cafe or something....

And so we walked and looked around.... And then we spotted the same cafe... Were I met you today in the morning..... We were heading towards it when I saw that you were pushed and were going to fall and so I ran to catch you....

And uske aagey toh tumhe pata hei hai ki kya Hua aaj subah se....

Nandini: i am happy that you are all fit and fine... But I am just so angry on myself... I wasn't with you when you needed me the most.. I am sorry Manik....

Manik cupped her face and nodded his head in no...

Manik: jo ho gaya... Voh ho gaya... Let's not remember that.... And why are you angry... Hm???.... Tumhe toh pata hei nhi tha about all this... So stop blaming yourself..... And kisne kaha you were not with me.... Tum thi hamesha mere saath...

With this he took her hand and kept it on his heart...

Manik: idhar thi tum...  You know you are my biggest strength... Whenever I used to be tired and thought of giving up your smiling face came in front of me... How happy you will be to see me.... And I used to get all my strength and willpower back to go through the treatment...