Chapter 18

Manik:nandini....

Nandini: hmm....

Manik: where were you staying all these months and how were you managing all your daily expenses aur phir pregnancy ki medicines and everything????  And which gynecologist were you consulting??  You and princess are fine na.... Koi problem ya complication toh nhi hai na??? Bolo na nandini...

Nandini: Manik... Manik shant.... Mai aur tumhari princess Theek hai and there are as such no complications... Aur jahan tak baat hai about which gynaecologist i was consulting toh city hospital mai the gynecologist which is there I am consulting her....

Manik: but nandini.... Mom just now told me that she is the best we have.... She must be expensive too... How did you manage??

Nandini: haan she is expensive... Par pata hai because of me being so young doctor ne starting se bola tha to be extra careful.... I couldn't afford to take any chance with our baby.... I promised myself to give the best to our baby..... Just like you would have given agar tum Hamare saath hotey....

Manik: nandini.... I am sorry.. Mai...

Nandini: hey... Hey... Relax Manik.... I am not complaining.... I know jitna difficult Mere liye tha utna tumhare liye bhi tha... Agar I was struggling here toh you were not just sitting and having fun there.... You too were also in pain... Aur abhi thode der phele you only made me understand ki hum jantey bhi nhi thai that we both were suffering phir how can we blame each other...
So tum apne aap ko blame nhi karogey??  Okay???

Manik: Okay...
Lekin nandini... Tum reh kaha rahi thi aur saare expenses how did you manage???

Nandini: voh maine apni graduation bhi complete nhi kari thi so as per the qualifications needed I wasn't Eligible enough any where.... Then I found that there was a need of a girl at the same cafe were me met toady.... Mai last 3 months se wahin kaam kar rahi thi.... Aur wahin se half an hour walking pe ek chaul hai.... Mai wahin pe ek rented ghar mai reh rahi thi.... I know salary Bahot zyada nhi thi toh I used to compromise little here and there....aur aaj subah when you came there mujhse since morning 3-4 mistakes ho gayi thi because I was feeling dizzy and not well... So the owner threw me out of the cafe and just then you arrived....

After nandini completed her story... She looked up and saw Manik not looking at her... Rather he was looking sideways as if trying not to make an eye contact with her...

Nandini: manik look at me... Why are you seeing there...

Manik: I can't nandini...

With this he made her sit on the bed and got up and was leaving when nandini held his wrist from behind ....

Nandini: kahan jaa rahey ho??

Manik spoke without turning back..

Manik: bas... Bas Thoda sa kaam hai... Tum so jau.... I will come...

Nandini: tum mujhse jhoot nhi bol sakte manik.... Sabse apni feelings chupa sakte ho par mujhse nhi.....I know what you are feeling right now... You are sad,angry and moreover frustrated... Ki you weren't with me.... Abhi tum jaogey... You will cry somewhere silently... Aur phir jab you won't be able to control toh apne aap ko harm karoge.... Lekin uske aagey kya... Mera socha hai how will I feel seeing you in pain...

And that was it for Manik... He was controlling since so long not to fall weak in front of her.... But listening her words and seeing how well she knows him....

He turned and crashed in nandini's chest just like a baby does to his mother... And he cried badly...

Manik: I....don't... Deserve you nandini..... Mat karo mujhse itna pyaar.....I wasn't there when you needed me the most.... Jab tumhe aaram karna chahiye tha tab you were struggling to fulfil even... Even... Your basic needs... Sab meri galti hai.... When I was suppose to be there... Taking care of you and the baby.... Mai kisse hospital bed... Pe aram kar raha tha... I am sorry... Please.... I am sorry...

While nandini just kept caressing his hair... This is what she had feared which was now coming true.... This was the reason she was hesitant to tell Manik about how she survived because she knew that at the end listening about her struggles... He will breakdown and will blame himself when he was no where at fault.... What she had suffered was done and over... Maybe that was written in her destiny so that she emerges as a much stronger person... But what was happening now was something that pained her more... Manik all guilty and angry on himself that too when he was no where at fault was something nandini could not tolerate.....

Finally breaking the hug she spoke....

Nandini: shut up Manik... Itni der se kuch bhi bole ja rahe ho... Aur tumhe kisne kaha that I don't deserve you... Mai kisse deserve karti Hun aur kisse nhi that I will decide..... And stop blaming yourself Manik.... Tumhe pata hota toh you would have left no stone unturned to make me feel comfortable.... But Tum kuch nhi jantey thai.... Jo hogaya.... It is done....Maybe it was destiny so that we emerge as much more stronger.... Tum khudh hei dekho... From the minute you have came to know you have been Treating me like a queen... So dare you blame my Manik or say ill about him... Understood??

To which Manik cutely bobbled his head like a two year old kid after getting scolded from his mother....

He was looking so cute with red puffy eyes and slightly running nose that nandini went all awe on him and took him in a hug...

Nandini: aww meri jaan..

To which Manik shockingly looked towards her.....

Manik: kya bola abhi tumne...

Nandini: tumhe meri jaan bola... Sirf mai tumhari jaan Hun kya... Tum bhi toh meri jaan ho.... Mera sab kuch sirf aur sirf tum ho Manik...

With this she kissed his forehead...

Manik: par ek baat bolu...

Nandini: hmm....

Manik: mujhe na tumhare muh se mera naam Bahot accha lagta hai.. When you call me na I feel that I have a reason to exist for and also there is someone in this world only for me..

Nandini called his name politely...

Nandini: Manik....

Manik: ek baar aur bolo na.... Pure 3 mahine baad suna hai....

Nandini: Manik...

With this there was a bright smile adorning his lips...

Manik: chalo..... It's too late.... Moreover it was very tiring for you today.... We should now sleep... Come...

With this Manik laid down and nandini rested her head on his heart and he took her in his embrace

Soon nandini slept because of tiredness and also because the peace she was finding since so long was finally with her.... Her manik....

While manik was awake looking at nandini.....Kissing her head from time to time....

Manik promised himself....

Manik: you have suffered enough... More than enough..Ab aur nhi... Itna sa bhi nhi.... Jo itni takleef sahi hai na tumne nandini.... Us har takleef ko mai door kar dunga...you will only rest and will take care of yourself from now onwards... Tumhari har khushi ko pura karunga.... Har zid ko puri karunga..... Voh saare comforts dunga jiski tum haqdaar ho... Any harm or discomfort will have to pass me to reach you... Yeh tumhare Manik ka wada hai.... Yeh jo smile hai na tumhare face pe... So peaceful and serene..... Yeh aise hei rahega.... I promise you meri jaan...

With this Manik took drifted to sleep...