Chapter 23

Soon they reached the hospital and Manik parked the car...
They then entered inside the hospital and went to the Receptionist....

Manik: Dr shikha??

Receptionist: do you have an appointment??

Manik: yeah... Neonika malhotra ke naam se appointment book hoga...

Receptionist: ji.... Doctor is waiting for you...

Manik: Okay...

While walking towards the cabin...

Nandini: Manik.... Mom ne apne naam se appointment kyu book karwai??

Manik: voh kya hai na... Dr shikha is the best gynaecologist....so her schedule is very busy... She personally knows mom... You can say they are kind of friends..... So listening to mom's name Dr shikha gave us the appointment....

Nandini: Okay....

Manik was the first one to enter inside the cabin....

Nandini was behind him and so she wasn't visible for obvious reason that is the height of Mr Manik Malhotra...

Dr shikha saw him...

Dr shikha: arey Manik..tum yahan... Come come.... How are you?? So tell me tum yahan Kaise??
Oh tum zaroor neonika ke saath aye hogey.... Where is neonika??? I was really busy today but when I heard neonika's name I knew I need to take the appointment....

Manik: hello doctor.... Actually voh... Mom nhi ayi hai..... She is at home.... Voh hum actually....

With this he got nandini by his side from behind him...

Dr shikha: arey nandini.... Tum yahan... Voh bhi manik ke saath....

Manik: Doctor can we please sit and talk....

Dr shikha: oh yeah... Please please sit...
Aur Manik I know your mom very well.... I will be happy if you will call me aunty and not doctor... Doctor sounds very formal...

Manik gave her a small smile...

Dr shikha: Okay... So tell me...

Manik: Okay.... Aunty as you know nandini is pregnant.... She is pregnant with my child...

Dr shikha: what???? I mean..

Manik: dekhiye aunty I understand Aapke pass Bahot saare questions honge.... Let me just complete my side of story.... I know your most of the doubts will be cleared after that...

Dr shikha: Okay...

Manik: aunty... Mai and nandini... We met in our college and slowly and gradually we fell in love... Hamara pyaar voh baaki college students ki tarah 2 mahine ka pyaar nhi tha aunty.... At this age only our love has given the toughest test and un sab hurdles ko cross karke we finally came together... It was the best day for us... When we both became one... But i guess our love was still left to be tested..... That night only i met with an accident.... First I was unconscious for a long time and jab hosh aya toh mai back was paralysed.... I was in pune getting treatment from past 3 months.... Nandini ko nhi bataya because I did not wanted her to see me struggling and in pain.... But i never knew ki yahan kya ho raha hai.... Hearing about my accident nandini forgot to take the pills and she became pregnant.... And now when I have returned I came to know about her....

Aunty though Yeh baacha planned nhi tha... But still Yeh mera baacha hai aunty...hum dono jantey hai that how young nandini is for pregnancy but at the same time I also know that you are the best we have....mujhe Yeh bhi pata hai that there is still time for her monthly check up but since mujhe abhi pata chala hai I want to talk about her pregnancy with you in detail aunty..... Whatever that has happened in the past 3 months and all the precautions for the further months... Aur koi complications toh nhi hai etc....

Dr shikha: well first of all I am glad that you are safe and sound and secondly I must say at this age to accept that it is your child and to bring him in this world takes courage.... I am happy Manik ki tumne nandini ka saath nhi Choda and you are fulfilling your responsibility...

I will try to help you in the best possible manner from my side....

Manik smiled looking at the doctor...

Manik: Thank you aunty...

Whereas all this while When manik was conversing with the doctor... Nandini was admiring her man...
She never knew when her man became so mature and responsible....

Usko nhi pata tha ki monster manik jiska itna pyaar dil hai that she is going to own it one day...

Nandini was bought out of her thinking process when manik kept his hand on her hand....

Nandini: huh...

Manik: nandini kya Hua...... Where are you lost..... Tumhari tabeet Theek hai na.... Are you not feeling well??

Nandini: Mai Theek Hun manik... Tum batao what were you saying??

Manik: nandini.... Aunty tab se kuch puch rahi hai...

Nandini looked at the doctor...

Nandini: Sorry doctor....

Dr shikha: it's okay...
So tell me nandini how are you feeling today...

Nandini: I am fine doctor....

Dr shikha: well that is good...
Can I have all your previous reports??

With this nandini handed over the reports to doctor ....

Dr shikha: well manik.... I must say you are lucky that tumhe nandini jaisi life partner mili.... Usne puchne par bhi tumhare baare mai toh nhi bataya.... But... Seeing her I knew that she isn't Married.... whenever I used to ask her ki boyfriend ko baacha nhi Chahiye.... Voh dhoka dekhar chala gaya kya?? ...

Toh she used to immediately say...

Nandini: Nhi aise kuch nhi hai... Voh Hamare baache se Bahot pyaar karta hai.... Bas abhi kisi wajah se aa nhi pa raha.... But jab voh ayega aur usko pata chalega na toh he won't even let me keep my feet on floor...

Dr shikha: and now seeing your concern I must say she was right...

Manik: lucky toh mai Hun aunty.... That meri zindagi mai nandini ayi... Nhi toh konsi ladki aapko itna pyaar karti hai that she sacrificed her career her family everything for me....

Dr shikha nodded her head smiling at the couple....

Dr shikha: so now coming to her reports... Let me give you details from the beginning...