Chapter 50

Downstairs everyone was waiting for the couple...

As they were coming down they saw how beautifully everything was decorated....

As nandini wanted a simple function...it was just family and their neighbours who lived nearby...

Invitation was send to a few of the relatives but no one could make it up since it was on such a short notice....

Neonika kissed them once they reached the hall...

Neonika: kitne Sundar lag rahey hai mere baachey...kisi ki Nazar na Lage..

With this she took kohl From her eyes and put it behind their ears to protect them from all the evil eyes....

Cabir and Raj hugged both of them...

Soon pandit ji called everyone as it was time for the ceremony...

Since they never had their roka....and it was an important ritual...so it was decided that in the starting only they will perform the ritual....

With This Neonika.... covered Nandini's head with a red duppata and gave her coconut... along with jewellery and clothes and blessed her...

After This it was Manik's turn...
Since as such there was no relative From Nandini's side...so cabir being the elder brother took the responsibility.... though Rishabh was present there but he was according to his age small to undertake this responsibility....

With this cabir did Manik's tilak....gave him a coconut and gifted him gold chain,watch and clothes...

Once this ceremony was over....it was time for the exchange of rings....

Just before the pandit ji was about to ask Manik to make Nandini wear the ring... Manik spoke...

Manik:ek min... pandit ji...

Hearing Him stopping pandit ji everyone frowned...

Raj was the first one to speak...

Raj:kya hua Manik?? Is there any problem??

Manik: problem toh hai dad...Mai Nandini se sagai nhi Kar Sakta....

This felt as a bomb on everyone... Nandini took a few steps back in shock...she couldn't believe that did she actually hear that...

Neonika: Manik tum ye...

Cutting Neonika.. Manik spoke..

Manik:Mai Nandini se sagai nhi Kar Sakta.... not before this....

Hearing Him everyone looked at him in confusion..

And then it became all dark for a few minutes....and then there was a spotlight on Manik and Nandini...and Manik was sitting on his knees...with a beautiful ring in his hand...

Nandini was surprised seeing Him like this whereas everyone also had a beautiful smile on their face seeing him proposing her...

Manik:I know that we are already getting engaged..... but This is really important...I need to propose you before we actually get engaged..... every girl dreams for this day and though it is not the most unique and best proposal but still we won't miss anything in our life and I am surely not letting us  miss experiencing this moment...

Manik: Nandini Murthy.....the day you entered my life... everything changed....and it definitely changed for good....when I saw you for the first time it was definitely not love at first sight.... love toh door ki baat hai we literally hated each other.....for me you were my spot and for you I was a monster...u were the first girl that had dared to go against me and this thing my big fat ego couldn't digest and I ended up torturing you.....our story started the day we got locked in the College storeroom.... though it was done to Harm us but it turned out to be  the best thing for us... that day...without knowing anything about each other and without having any other relationship except hatred for each other we came to know about each other's fear..... things we are afraid of.....and we .... instead of Making the use of it in a wrong way comforted each other and helped each other to fight it....us din tumne sea green colour ka kurta pehna tha and your eyes.... your eyes shined in the dark store room and I realised I need you in my life.....and at the time I realised that I love you tumne black top,pink skirt and blue stole pehna tha....and the day I confessed my love for you it was raining .... you were wearing a white lacy top....and then in Mangalore.... when you confessed that you love me too.....it was perfect.... you were wearing my favourite colour...red it was....and then came the day we finally became one...we United and completed each other...u were wearing black shimmery dress that day...and then the second most important day of my life came.... the first being the day we confessed our love...when I came to know that I am going to be a father..a dad....