Chapter 8

Manik was still caressing her hair when he saw her moving.... It was a clear indication that she wil wake up any time soon....

Slowly nandini gained her consciousness and opened her eyes.....
It took her a few seconds to realise her surroundings.....

It was then her eyes landed on Manik who was sitting beside her....
Seeing him she woke up with a jerk....
She looked at him continously without even blinking her eyes..

She then with shivering hands cupped his face... Manik relaxed more in her touch which he could feel after 3 long months......

Nandini: M...a..nik....

Hearing her Manik nodded his head smilingly.....

Nandini: Tum Sach mai ho????? Mai tumhe imagine nhi kar rahi na???? Tum mujhe chod kar nhi jaogey na????

Manik cupped her face with both the hands......

Manik: Mai Sach mai hoon nandini....

With this he took her both the hands and kissed them......

Manik: kahin nhi jaunga Ab tumhe chod kar......

And that was it for nandini..... She hugged him to her dear life.... She just kept on tightening the hug.... Manik too held her as close as possible.......
It was after so long that she was in the safest place in the world... His arms....

She started crying hysterically being in his embrace ... It had been too long she had waited for him..... She was tired of fighting all the battles all alone.... It was the first time she was crying after the news of his accident had come.... The pain she had stored inside her for all these 3 months was now coming out...... She had no clue or proof of him being alive.... It was merely her trust and hope on him that had kept her alive all this while that her manik will return.... And now her hope had finally won....

Manik kept on caressing her back....sometimes kissing her hair and sometimes kissing her temple......
He just did not stop her.... He wanted her to let out all her pain at once.... Though his heart too cried seeing his love crying her heart and soul out but he knew that it was needed... It was needed so that she can get out of that pain once and for all......He promised himself that it was the last time she had tears in her eyes because of him....

It had been more than half hour that nandini was clinged to Manik... Though her hysterical cries had turned into slow sniffs but still she was just not ready to leave Manik.....

Manik had many questions in his mind... He wanted to talk to her....he wanted answers but he knew that he can wait for it a little more....

He then lovingly spoke....

Manik: bas... Bas... Shh... Stop crying.... Mai aagaya Hun na.... Bas... Stop crying...

He then without breaking the hug made her sit in his lap.... She know broke the hug and rested her head on his chest... Her one hand was around his neck and with other hand she had held his hand tightly....
While Manik was holding her in his protective embrace.....

They sat their silently for a while absorbing each other's presence.....

Finally manik spoke breaking the silence....

Manik: you are okay????

Nandini: hmm.....

Manik: kuch kaho gei nhi???

Nandini: Nhi....

Manik: kyu???

Nandini: because I am at peace after very long time..... Being in your embrace and just feeling each other without any exchange of words is just so soothing....
Manik kissed her forehead....

Manik: and I promise that now this peace will always remain in your life...

Again there was silence for a few minutes....

Manik: nandini....

Nandini: hmm....

Manik: voh... The doctor told me....

As soon as Manik spoke these words nandini looked towards him....

Manik: you are pregnant.... We are going to have a baby nandini.... Our baby.....

Nandini: that day when you completed me.... Was the most happiest day of my life.... But then the news of your accident came.... I was shattered.... Mai zinda thi Manik but ji nhi rahi thi.....I forgot to take the pill.... And uske 10 Din baad mujhe pata chala ki mai pregnant Hun.... Tumhe pata hai... Uss din tak na mai sirf jee rahi thi because I trusted you and I had hope that you will come back... But uss din jab mujhe pata chala ki I am pregnant... Mujhe Jeene ki ek aur wajah mili Manik.... Hamare baacha Manik...Mere ander ek aur nanhi zindagi janam le rahi thi..... And moreover it is your part manik.... Even if my hope of you coming back would have resulted being false na...I had a reason to live... Mujhe iss baache ko iss duniya mai lana tha Manik.... Yeh baacha tumhari akhiri nishani hota Mere pass.... Iske sahare mai apni puri zindagi guzar leti....

Hearing her... A few tears escaped his eyes... Imagining when the doctor would have given the news of her being pregnant with their child.... Imagining the depth of love this girl had for him....

Manik: itna vishwas tha apne Manik par??

Nandini chuckled....

Nandini: tumhare sawal mai tumhara jawab chupa hai...

Hearing her he made a confused face....

Nandini: abhi abhi toh tumne kaha mera Manik..... Phir apne Manik par trust Kaise nhi karti....

Manik took her in a hug....

Manik: I can't thank you enough for giving me this happiness....for trusting me.... For not letting your hope die..... And most importantly for not giving up on us...

Saying the last line he kept his hand on her stomach referring to the baby as well....

Manik then remembered that doctor had told that she is very weak and also it had been time that she had eaten anything... Though Manik still had a lot of questions regarding her health, her family's reaction etc... But her health was more important for now...

Manik: chalo.... Baaki baatein baad mai..... Phele you will eat something.....

With this Manik was going to pick the intercom... When there was a knock on the door.....

Manik: come in.....

Nandini was shocked seeing the person who had entered inside the room......

And next what she heard made her stunned on her place..... She just kept gaping with her mouth wide open....

Manik: Mom.....