Chapter 13

Inside the room the doctor examined Manik fully...

Manik: Doctor for God sake... Just tell me dammit.... Mujhe kya Hua hai....

Doctor: relax Mr malhotra... After examining you we have concluded that your back is paralysed....

This fell as a bomb on Manik...

Manik: kya backwass kar rahe ho tum??

Hearing manik's shout raj too came inside the cabin.....

Raj: kya Hua Manik... Why are you shouting???

Manik: dekhiye na dad... What bullshit is he talking...

Raj: what's the matter doctor...

Doctor: dekhiye... I have checked him.... Inki back paralyse hogai hai.... When he jumped out of the car... He rolled and a particular nerve of his back was hit bad by the stone.... Because of that he isn't able to move his back....

Raj too was in a shock Hearing him....

Raj: aapka matlab hai he won't be able to sit and neither walk because of it...

Doctor: yes Mr malhotra....

Raj: Doctor.... Iska kuch treatment hoga... Something can be done.... Aap world ke best doctors ko bulaye.... Do everything possible but cure him....

Doctor: Mr Malhotra we have the best neurosurgeon in pune.... I am sure he will be able to help you... He had cured some of the most difficult patients.... Mai aaj hei Manik ki reports unko send kar deta Hun.... Let's see what he tells about manik's case...

Aur haan jahan tak Chalne ke baat hai.... He won't be able to walk.... He won't be able to sit on his own... But yes he can be made to sit with the help of support we can allow him but that also not for more than an hour at a  stretch....

With this the doctor left....

Raj came towards Manik...

Raj: it's okay beta.... Bahot jaldi you will be perfectly alright.... That's a promise....

Manik: dad please leave me alone for sometime.....

Raj nodded his head and left to give him some alone time....

Manik was just to shattered listening this.... He never in his entire life would have thought that he would have to live a life of handicap....He never thought that he would be now dependent on someone for smallest of things.... Though he wanted to cry out aloud..... But then he knew that he has to be strong.... His nandini was not there at that time to give him the much needed strength..... But he has to be strong for her...

After sometime Manik called raj inside....

Manik: dad...

Raj: yes son...

Manik: aap fab 5 ko aur nandini ko iss bare mai kuch nhi batai gey....

Raj: manik par....

Manik: please dad... I have always been the pillar for fab 5.... I don't want them to see me dependent on someone for even small small thing.....I am there protector dad.... I won't be able to face them...

Raj: but Manik they are your friends....

Manik: maine... Keh diya na dad...

Raj: fine... But nandini...usko kyu nhi batana.....

Manik: dad nandini... She is the strongest girl I have met dad... Mujhe aise Dekh kar na she will be the one who will be in most pain... Par aapko pata hai... She won't let it for a single time come on her face... She will be all happy,smiling and giving me strength and support.... Voh sab kuch chod degi Mere liye dad,apni padai,apna ghar, sirf mujhe Theek karne mai lag jayegei.... Aur Yeh mai nhi chahta... She won't show her pain.... But inside it will kill her to see me like this... I don't want her to live like this...