Chapter 70

After breaking the hug neonika spoke..

Neonika:so mai pandit ji ko kal hei bula lun?

Manik:mom maine abhi toh bola ki we are not having any grand wedding..

Neonika: haa Manik..I heard that.. Maine kab kaha ki we are going to do everything the grand way but shaadi karni hai toh pandit ji toh chahiye na...

Manik:nhi mom.. what I meant was court marriage!!

Raj/Neonika/cabir- WHAT!!

Manik:Aaj aap logo ko ho kya gaya hai?
Itna high voltage dramatic expression Kyun de rahey hain aap sab..

Cabir:tu Hume shock pe shock diye ja Raha hai toh hum kya kare??

Neonika: Manik you said no to lavish marriage but atleast humari rasmo riwas ki hisab se toh shaadi karogey na tum Dono..

Manik:nhi mom... Nandini and I have decided to do a Court marriage as if now...

Raj:par Manik..

Manik:dad I know aap kahogey ki we can get married again and everything...par dad shaadi.. toh shaadi hoti hai na...and I don't want to spoil Nandini's This dream..

Nandini: Manik lekin..

Manik:nhi Nandini..I know you will say you have no problem and everything.. but Mai Janta hun Hindu rasmo riwas ke hisab se tumare liye shadi ke kya mayne (importance) hai...hum ek hei baar shadi karengey aur pure dhoom dham se Karengey... Nandini and mom  Dono ke saare sapne pure hongey...

Manik then went to raj and neonika and Said...

Manik:mom dad...mai Nandini ko voh shadi dena chahta hun jo voh deserve Karti hai..jo har ladki ka Sapna hota hai...aur mai usko pehli baar aise hei Karke voh spoil nhi Karna Chahta... please try to understand..
Moreover I don't think so ki iss condition mai Nandini phero mai baithni ki condition mai hai...

Neonika: dekha Raj mera beta kitna samjhadar hai..

Raj: hello madam.. What do u mean by Mera beta?.. humara beta.. humara beta kitna samjhadar hai...

Neonika:ab toh double celebrations ki baari hai..

Cabir:mom double celebrations??

Neonika:haan puttar ji kal holi hai...kisi ko yaad bhi hai ki kal choti holi hai aur parso badi holi...aur holi ke baad Manu ki shadi toh hua na double celebration...

Listening the word holi Manik and cabir looked at each other and remembered fab 5 and the nasty holi they used to play..

Nandini who remembered her and manik's first holi too looked at Manik and seeing him looking at cabir she could easily guess from their reactions that they were remembering fab 5 that is when she spoke..

Nandini:chiii holi...mom dad..I hate holi... why do we need to celebrate Holi..I am not coming out of my room on holi...

Listening to her Manik spoke..

Manik:Ms Murthy... Shayad aap last Holi bhul gayi hai...kya mujhe tumhari memory refresh karwani padegei ki kaise maine tumhare Saath holi kheli thi..

Nandini: You Cheated Manik..and that is why you got successful...iss baar aisa kuch nhi hoga..

Manik: Let's see..ye toh Holi wale din hei pata chalega ki kon successful hota hai aur kon nhi..

Next day it was the day of Holika Dahan.. Neonika had kept a fast for all her children... even Nandini too wanted to keep fast for the Baby but seeing her condition she was strictly prohibited by neonika...and she explained her that she can keep it the next year..

It was evening and the set up and arrangements were made in the backyard of Malhotra mansion..

Other Indian families were Also present to celebrate the festival..

All the Malhotra men were dressed up in kurta pyjamas and ladies were wearing colour coordinated suits with their husbands...

The fire Was lit and the ritual of taking rounds around the holy fire was performed by everyone...

The guest had an amazing time and all in all the function went very well..

After the function got over...the servants were busy cleaning up the backyard and everyone was sitting in the drawing room and talking..

Neonika:kal holi hai...aur hum sab ko Mr and Mrs. Arora (One of the Indian families) ke ghar jana hai for the holi party...

Raj:jana zarrori hai?

Neonika: humare Yahan functions pe sab atey hai Raj...we Also need to go..we can't avoid it..unko achha nhi lagega... unhone bahut Pyaar se sab ko bulaya Hai..

Cabir:mom..I am not interested in going...

Neonika: cabir... Nandini can't go in this condition and even if she could mai allow nhi karti... logo ki nazar bahut jaldi Lagti hai and I can't Take the risk...so Manik and Nandini are going to stay home so you don't have an option.. tumhe humare saath chalna hei Padega...
Unhone Puri family ko invite Kara hai..it doesn't look good ki sirf raj aur mai ja rahey hai..

Cabir: mom..why don't you understand.. mujhe holi nhi khelni hai..

Saying This he walked out of the drawing room to his room..

Raj:isse kya hua achanak??

Manik:mom dad..voh aap logo ke saath jayega..mai baat karta hun usse..

With this Manik stood up and went behind cabir to talk to Him..

Manik entered cabir's room and saw him sitting on the bed with frowns and frustrated look...

Manik walked towards a corner in cabir's room and took out two beer cans from a secret mini bar hidden behind the book shelf..

Only the men knew about this hidden bar in cabir's room.. though they had a bar in Malhotra mansion but that is very much visible to Neonika and Nandini so they have a secret bar which they use occasionally when they are stressed or when they are indulged in their boys talks and they don't want neonika and Nandini to know about it..

He forwarded a can in front of cabir and that is when he looked up..
Manik then sat beside him and asked..

Manik:ab bata.. problem kya hai?
Holi ke festival se fab 5 ki yaad aa gayi?

Cabir:Nhi Manik..I am not remembering them..infact after whatever they did with choti..I don't Miss them at all... it's not the people I am missing.. it's the memories that we have made..the Fun we all had.. Holi used to be our favourite festival...we were known for celebrating Holi.. for getting drunk.. for playing nasty Holi..i can never forgive them after what they did with Choti.. but it's Also true that I can never forget them..

Manik: dekh..tu disturbed hai because of it...I understand... but jo past mai tha voh ab bas memories hai...and they are good memories.. don't spoil your mood instead be happy remembering the good Times.. infact try kar ki tu iss saal bhi achhi memories banaye taki you can remember it cabir.. tera pura parivar tere saath hai.. enjoy this Holi with them.. with us..ye hum sab ki pehli holi hai as a complete family.. it's too precious for all of us...
Isko mom dad ki liye yaadgar banate hai..

Cabir: Nandini and Princess ke liye bhi...

With This they smiled and Hugged each other..

While on the other side when Manik went away..
Nandini explained to raj and neonika as to what would have happened because of which cabir walked away..

Hearing it neonika decided that she will not force cabir to go with them..

She was about to go to his room when she saw both the brothers smiling and coming out of cabir's room..

Neonika: cabir...

Cabir:mom..kal mai aapke saath ek hei shart pe jaunga...aap Mujhe bhang peene se nhi rokengei...

Hearing Him others laughed and neonika knew that Manik must have handled the situation and so not to turn the mood again gloomy she spoke..

Neonika:tum bhang ek shart pe pee Sakte ho...tum akele nhi peeyogey.. mujhe bhi peelaogey...

And hearing her everyone laughed..