You Don't Know

If you're able to get over your depression by telling yourself that everything happens for a reason then I 1) am jealous of you if you've actually battled your depression for most of your life and every single day. I'm jealous of how you're okay because you no longer cry at night or feel nothing in the middle of the day because you just want to get honestly so you can lie in bed because you're too weak to move.

2) I'm happy that you've survived it.

Dnd 3) think you probably haven't had depression at all.

Or at leat the bad kind. That's gets worse as you get better. Because the medication doesn't help. It numbs it eventually. Because the daily exercises you used to do to keep your mind off of it. Doesn't work anymore. Because simply coping and doing your best, no matter what it is that you're doing to achieve your mental health back again. Is not working.

And if you think it's that easy to get over a depression. Then you're definitely somebody who hadn't suffered the most powerful depression there is.

It's not somebody who gave up trying.

It's somebody who was so damn strong and fought back against their depression day after day.

Someone who didn't back down not once.

Somebody who fought depression until the moment it took control over them.

When you fight, you eventually get weak.

Some people don't even want to die.

And usually they black out and wake up in hospital or don't wake up at all.

I was one of those people.

I fought my depression.

And now it has a hold of me.

And know it does.

But I'm still fighting.

It's making me think I want to die.

But I'm still here aren't I?

Before my depression got this bad I had so many things in my life to save me.

Or at least to help.

It doesn't work anymore.

Now I have that and medication.

I hope it helps.

But if you are somebody who can say,
"Everything in life happens for a reason," and get over your depression ...

Then you clearly haven't met the master of all depressions.

Because nothing happened to me to make me feel this way.

I just do.

Nothing pushed me to this.

I'm just here.

Something didn't happen in my life to make me feel this way.

I just stopped.

So think before you try to understand how we feel to make your pretty quotes.

Because trying to understand us doesn't mean you do.

And dancing with devil doesn't mean that you know him personally.