Hard Knock.

Depression is so stressful.

You wake up feeling dead inside and like you've had no sleep. You need something good to happen to recharge you for the day, and then it starts to fade away again.

Whether you're alone or still in someone's company.

Sometimes it's so bad you swear you need pills to drown out everything.

So parents, I'm sorry for being lazy.

But waking up is literally an accomplishment for me.

Quit getting made when I don't do the dishes or help around the house.

Don't beg me to get out of bed, it won't work.

You should actually be rejoicing whenever I do get out of bed, because the thoughts inside of my head are so bad, they make me wish I was dead.

And if I had to give in to the whispers of my dark demons, you'd be on your knees begging for me to just wake up.

You'd wish I stayed in bed more often so I'd at least be alive.

Breathing.

Because laying there, that was the only thing that kept me from drowning.

The truth is, I was so tired all the time, and doing things while I was low on energy made my disorder worse.

Doing something when you're sad, doesn't make everyone happy again.

And it didn't make me happy again.

Don't praise me when I finally clean my room or take the dirt out.

Praise me because I got out of bed today and survived another day.

It's not easy.

Depression is not easy.

It's a hard knock.

And it can't be cured.

Not without love.