4 July, 2018 - NM #8

Nostalgic Manuscript #8

On my third day of junior college (in July 2014), one of our professors had asked us to write about our first day in college. The experience was bound to be different because it was the first time we were/ I was out of a school environment and into a completely different world. In school, I knew of a lot of people- if not everyone- as compared to in junior college, where none of my friends or the people I spoke to had taken admission. I had to see SO MANY new faces. Also, this college was far from where I live and I had certain inhibitions before coming to this college because of its reviews and location. Anyways, this is what I had written.

As a school student, I've always felt excited about entering the college life. In the last two-three days, I've practically got to experience it! This college is a very prestigious college and also my dream college. I was pretty nervous on the first day. Throughout the train journey, I kept on wondering what would happen in college. Will I be able to make friends? All of these thoughts came to my mind. 

I located my given classroom. The classroom was huge. There were around 100 kids and honestly, it was intimidating. In school, we had maximum 65 kids in one class. I met a few really nice people. It was really nice of the seniors to guide us to our classroom. The members of various clubs of the college introduced themselves and I felt like joining most of them. 

The canteen was very crowded along with the route to the two canteens. Crowded more than a local train. The members of G.E.M.S club organised this small fun game which was entertaining. A few more clubs were introduced after break and that was the end of day one. The day was much better than I thought.

I think at that time I thought that I would have had to show this to the professor or even to my classmates which is why I have seemingly omitted quite a lot of feelings that I had before, during and after that day.