20 July, 2018 - NM #9

Nostalgic Manuscript #9

My mom turned 50 in July, 2016 and I guess it was during one of those periods when I didn't update this journal regularly. Recently I found a diary which I had used for preparing for my mom's 50th birthday. One out of those plans was to make a memory jar containing 50 of Alex's and my memories with her. I have 19 of them written in that diary (I guess I filled the rest up as and when I made the jar) and here they are.

1] You feeding us food during early school days.

2] "Pari katetil Rajkumari.... sang mala tu yeshil kaaaaa....."

3] You tickling us.... in a rather unusual way to me (Alex).

4] You and I playing Rummi.

5] Oh how can we forget the incident where you tried to go through the makeshift fence? It was HILARIOUS!

6] You behaving crazy in front of me.

7] The four of us playing card games and you and dad being competitive.

8] We came out through your womb. I'm sure you'll never forget that memory.

9] You finding all our things which we deem to have been lost.

10] Remember the 'Palak soup'? Horrible!

11] The different ways in which you used to make us dress up for fancy dress competitions.

12] Your French pronunciations are hilarious!

13] How can we forget the daily dose of 'knowledge medicine' during Boards?

14] The proud moment when we cleared our Boards with good percentage.

15] Your clicking of fingers while waking us up.

16] Making sure we've taken everything before we leave.

17] Giving excuses to the fisher-woman when you want her to go away.

18] Banana Milkshakes, frankies, stir fry veges.... You've made all sorts of tasty food for us.

19] Long talking sessions with your sister.

I Love you, Mom.