17 September, 2018.

We had our Corporate Finance lecture today where we finished working capital and are now starting with cash management (which is apparently different than cash flow statements).

After Finance, Gurtley, I and today's birthday girl stayed back in college for a while, while the others went to birthday girl's house. Birthday girl knew that we were coming to her house but she didn't know that we'll be decorating it as well.

It worked out fine for us because birthday girl as it is had some work in college. The only problem: one of our professors told the birthday girl that she had seen some balloons for her. What a bitch man. Can't she mind her own business instead of ruining other people's surprises?

Anyways, we finally left to go to birthday girl's house. And surpriseeeee...... not really.

We were supposed to have a lot of helium balloons but apparently Darcy had bought and got the helium blown in them yesterday and they got small in size as time passed. By the time birthday girl saw the balloons, they were half dead.

But this was less disappointing then the birthday card. Since none of us have brilliant artistic abilities (today's birthday girl was normally in charge of all the gift making for others), we had ordered it from some Insta girl and the woman edited out the already small message to even smaller ones so the entire feeling wasn't delivered at all.

We then played a little with the balloons and then ate some delicious au gratin, Mexican rice and bread. That au gratin tho!

After that Kristen, Darcy and Gurtley left and the remaining four of us had a great time. Two of them wanted to sleep and and Birthday girl and I (mostly birthday girl) wouldn't let them. It was hilarious! This went on for about an hour afterwhich those two actually woke up.

One of my friends had a major argument with one of our classmates who also interned at the same place she did. What happened was when my friend and a couple of others started interning at this company over the summer holidays, she repeatedly asked for her offer letter until she got one. The other people were least bothered until the internship was over and they learnt that they wouldn't be getting any payment because none of them had an offer letter. What's worse was that their internship period was extended but they still had to face this issue.

Since my friend had always been behind the company's back to get her stuff done as soon as possible, she recieved both, her offer letter including the extended period and her stipend for that time period. She had also tried her level best to arrange for others' offer letters but there is only so much she can do.

Now what has happened is that the others have finally gotten their offer letters but the time period shows only the original 1 month while the had all worked for 2 months. So that means they would get paid for only 1 month for 2 month's worth work.

First of all, I think it was so unprofessional on the company's part and what is shocking is that the company is actually a well known finance company.

The other interns are now dragging my friend into their mess. They never listened to her when she told them to get behind the office staff for their offer letters and now they want to use her a leverage to get what they want. Apparently some insider told them that my friend got much more than what she was supposed to and as a proof of innocence, they wanted her to send a picture of the cheques that she got.

Excuse me, what the fuck? You can't ask anyone to do that. Why should she disclose how much she got as her stipend, regardless of whether she got more or less? Kristen and I worked in the same office for two months and we don't know how much each other got. Also, dumbfucks, why the hell will she preserve the cheques that she's got? Wouldn't she immediately deposit it in her bank?

And even if she hadn't....... wut?!

Anyways, we all tried to calm our friend down. We asked her to not be involved in their matter in any way. The guy at the company believes her and she has got all that she had to from the company so she doesn't have to bother with them anymore. She tried to help her classmates but if they're looking to take advantage of that, then sorry, y'all can go your own way.

I came home and watched more videos and stuff on Twitter that I have saved to watch when I have time to spare and a relaxed mind.

So in all, today was quite a fun day.