12| Could It Be

Anthony

I've never been into making big date night plans. I never put so much thought or effort into planning any dates my whole life. But this situation I find myself in, it's different. It always has been. This is a feeing unlike one I've ever had in my entire life. There isn't a thing I wouldn't do for this girl and I wanted to show her that.

So I pull on the nicest outfit I had and pick some chocolates and flowers up on the way over to Kelsey's place. I walk up and knock on the door more than ready to see my girlfriend for the first time today, but instead I see her sister answer the door.

"Hey Anthony! She's almost ready so you can come on in" she welcomes me. I follow her in and I barley make it in before I feel arms around me.

"Hi Anthony" Isaiah says as he gives me a big hug. He was pretty small for a 14 year old but it was kinda cute. Plus his dad is super tall and I'm sure he'll bloom in high school. Lord knows I did.

"Hey buddy. How have you been" I wonder as he peels away from me.

"I've been great! My big brother Trevor has been working with me on the stuff you said and I'm batting like .500 in my summer league" he tells me and I smile really big.

"Oh buddy, that's awesome. I'm so proud of you" I admit. His face lights up like a Christmas tree as he looks up to me. I punch his shoulder and he does a little happy skip before going away.

I sit on the couch and her dad Antonio sits down next to me. We talk for a little as I wait for Kelsey to join us.

"How has my daughter been treating you" he wonders and I laugh a little.

"She's the most incredible person I have ever had the joy of meeting. You did an amazing job with her" I insist as he smiles at me.

"As much as I would love to take credit for the wonderful woman she has become, I would be lying to you if I did. And I don't like lying more than I have to" he defends.

"Sometimes it's for the best" I insist and he stops. He looks straight through me as he tries to read me.

"Did she tell you" he asks and I nod.

"She did" I assure him.

"Are you okay with all of this" he questions and I smile.

"Yeah, I am. You can't put laws on love and on family. I know that" I insist.

"I always knew that I liked you" he claims and I smile.

Eventually Kelsey comes out, and once again I am speechless. She had on a long black dress and some heels that made her legs look impossibly good. Her little waist was tied up with a belt around it and the off the shoulder sleeves showing off just enough to keep me wondering.

"You're bringing her back tonight, right" her dad teases and I chuckle along with him.

"I'm sorry sir, but I don't want to have to lie more than I have to" I smirk. He gives me a wink before taking off and I go over to my girlfriend. I grab her waist and pull her so her body is against mine.

"Are those flowers for me or for my dad" she teases.

"For you. Everything I do is for you" I promise as I move a piece of hair that fell in front of her face. Her bright blue eyes looks me over and I can feel my legs getting weaker by the second.

"I... I'm ready if you are" she stutters. I know she wanted to say something else but I know she's had a rough time with telling me her darkest secret and trying to live with that and still wanting to plan a uncertain future with me. So I let it go and stick my arm out. She wraps her arm around mine and we were on our way.

I take her to the park where there was a concert tonight. It was pretty late because I had to wait until after my game was done. But there's still plenty of time to listen to music and hang out.

We get to the park and place ourselves into the crowd. I wrap both my arms around her chest as we sway to the songs. We knew most of them and it was really fun just to let loose. I spin her around on my finger until she lands right back in my arms, right where she belongs. She looks up at me and she doesn't look at the sky like usual, she looks right back into my eyes and I pray that I never have to let her go. That I can hold her like this forever.

Suddenly the song changes to a slow one. So I press her chest up against mine and she wraps her arms around my neck. I grab her waist as we slowly sway back and fourth. I smile big as she softly closes her eyes and sings along.

"Since I met you I've begun to feel so strange
Every time I speak your name
You say that you are so helpless too
That you don't know what to do

Each night I pray there will never come a day
When you up and take your love away
Say you feel the same way too and I wonder what
It is I feel for you

Could it be I'm falling in love (with you baby)
Could it be I'm falling in love (ooh)
With you, with you with you, with you."

I lean over so my forehead rested against hers. Her fingers dig into the back of my neck as she pulls me in closer. My eyes close shut as I try to remember this exact moment for the rest of my life. The moment I knew I was absolutely and positively in love with this girl.

"I don't need all those things that used to bring me joy
You made me such a happy boy
And honey you'll always be the only one for me
Meeting you was my destiny

You can be sure I will never let you down
When you need me I will be around
And darling you'll always be the only one for me
Heaven made you specially

Could it be I'm falling in love (with you baby)
Could it be I'm falling in love (ooh)
With you, with you with you, with you

Could it be I'm falling in love."