41| The Power Of Love

Anthony

The new year starts and we were doing pretty good. Kelsey hasn't gone back to work quite yet and I don't hit the gym too much, so a lot of our days are spent sitting in the apartment holding one another close waiting for life to come at us. We don't have any big plans yet, this month is Tatiana's birthday and next month I leave for spring training. But other than that it's been pretty chill.

There's been a lot of changes for the Cubs so far this off-season. We got a new manager and a new ace on top of Jake who was already pretty good if I do say so myself. We also got David Ross who is a veterans veteran and other guys who can help us a lot. I was excited to get started but not too anxious. I know not too far from now when baseball starts and all that craziness that comes with it I'll be asking for these long winter nights back. So I'm going to enjoy this for as long as I possibly can. There's going to be times where I can't show Kelsey how much I truly love her and it's going to suck. But I'm going to do it now as much as I can so I know I couldn't have loved her more.

"What's your favorite movie" she randomly asks me as we were laid out on the couch. She was in my arms and she had popcorn in hers as we watch as many movies as we could without getting up.

"I loved the rocky series. It's inspirational as a athlete to watch those and Sylvester is always a stud. The creed movies are pretty great too" I admit.

"I like those movies. They got a lot of good quotes and story lines in them" she agrees.

"What's your favorite movie" I wonder and she laughs.

"I don't know, I like the cheesy ones. Breakfast Club, Back the Future, Titanic, all the Disney movies, anything with good music" she insists.

"Which one is your favorite" I wonder.

"Probably the Breakfast Club" she says.

"Okay, we can watch that next" I insist.

"Perfect" she smiles.

I find the Breakfast Club on Netflix and I play it on our tv. She scoots in closer and I wrap my arms around her chest. She rubs my arms softly and I felt so at peace in her grasp. I stop watching the movie and just watch her instead. The movie was fine, but her, she was incredible. I could watch her every single day and never get tired of her. Like she was my favorite movie that I knew every line to but still loved to quote.

"The power of love is a curious thing
Make a one man weep, make another man sing
Change a heart to a little white dove
More than a feeling, that's the power of love

Tougher than diamonds, whips like cream
Stronger and harder than a bad girls dream
Make a bad one good, mmm make a wrong right
Power of love will keep you home at night

Don't need money, don't take fame
Don't need no credit card to ride this train
It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
But it might just save your life
That's the power of love
That's the power of love."

As she softly sings along to the song I smile to myself. She was in her own little world where she wasn't ever going to get hurt. She wasn't seen as a problem by some people who can't see that she's different and that's not a bad thing. Just because her dad is illegal doesn't make him or her a bad person. We're all children to this earth. We're all immigrants to this land and we should be thankful that we get to experience so many different things. I would hate to imagine my life if she wasn't here with me right now. I don't remember what life was like without her in it. I can't imagine it was all that good, because nothing feels better than laying here with her like this right now. I can promise you that.

"First time you feed it might make you sad
Next time you feed it might make you mad
But you'll be glad baby when you've found
That's the power that makes the world go round

Don't need money, don't take fame
Don't need no credit card to ride this train
It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
But it might just save your life

They say that all in love is fair
Yeah but you don't care
But you know what to do
When it gets hold of you
And with a little help from above
You feel the power of love
Can you feel it?

Don't take money, don't take fame
Don't need no credit card to ride this train
Tougher than diamonds and stronger than steel
You won't feel it until you feel
You feel the power, feel the power of love
That's the power, that's the power of love
You feel the power of love
You feel the power of love."

I softly kiss the top of her head and she looks up at me. Her bright blue eyes shine at me like the sky on a sunny day. Her smile as beautiful as ever as she makes me smile back at her. I give her a real kiss and she holds my face close.

"I love you Anthony, more than I love the stars in the sky" she promises.

"That's a lot" I admit and she giggles.

"It is. But at the same time it doesn't feel like it's enough. I still feel like I'll never be able to accurately tell you just how much I love you" she claims.

"It's okay, I can feel it" I promise.

"I guess that's the power of love" she smirks and I just shake my head.

"Give me another kiss then go back to your movie" I tell her. She gives me a kiss then turns her attention back to the tv. I hold her face so I can make sure she turns back and she eventually does. I keep her body pressed up against mine knowing that I'll never let her go.