75| Shining Star

Kelsey

The Cubs have this annual event called The Bricks and Ivy Ball where they raise money for the Cubs charities. And while Anthony has given back way more than most generations of families give, he still always finds a way to give some more. This event was specific to the diamond project which the Cubs heavily fund throughout the season. It is a program that expands baseball and softball opportunities for the kids in and around the Chicago area. It finds the coaches and gives them equipment and places to play, it was a great cause and I'm happy to be a part of it. There wasn't much the players had to do at the ball, just show up and talk with donors and sign stuff to be auctioned off. And every single penny goes to the diamond project.

Fittingly enough the theme of the Bricks And Ivy Ball was A Night Under The Stars. So I find the nicest maternity dress I can find and pull it on. I curl my long brown hair and apply some make up to make my blue eyes pop. Once I decide I was ready I go in search of my wonderful boyfriend.

"Kelsey" he yells out as he turns around

"Kelsey" he yells out as he turns around. He runs right into me causing me to giggle. "Oh shit, I thought you were still upstairs" he admits.

He finally takes a second to look at me and he freezes. He looks me over a few more times before smiling really big. He starts to shake his head as he grabs my hand and spins me around.

"Damn woman, you just can't look just decent can you" he asks and I start to blush.

"I gotta look good for my man" I tease as he pulls me into his chest. He wraps his arms around me as he looks into my eyes.

"You're more beautiful than the stars in the-" he starts.

"Don't feed me that crap. I'm not hungry" I giggle.

"I'm serious though! I mean you in that dress..." he trails off.

"I could be as wide as the sky right now" I joke and he just shakes his head.

"No. I'm saying out of all the stars in the sky, no one shines as bright as you" he claims. He softly kisses the top of my head and I just knew this was going to be a beautiful night.

We ride on over to the pier and make our way to the ballroom. There was a total of 800 people here tonight from all over the greater Chicago area and a bunch of different interests. And all these people were so beautiful, they wanted to help the community and they wanted to help the Cubs so that was pretty awesome. It's hard to find genuine people who want to give back without getting anything back, but this was a pretty great group of people. I just hang with Anthony most of the night and talk to whoever he does. Everyone was so sweet and so nice to me I felt like I was in a Disney movie.

"You are the most beautiful young woman I have ever seen" one older lady says and I start to giggle. She and her husband were good friends of Anthony and surprisingly enough I haven't met them yet. But I am sure glad I finally did.

"Thank you Margaret. I'm really happy I got to meet you and your husband. Anthony has been asking him for dad tips all night and he's got some good pointers" I admit.

"He's so happy to be starting a family with you. We've been coming here since this started five years ago and you and Anthony are our favorite couple we've ever met. Anthony himself does great work in this community and him with you is so much better" she claims.

"That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me" I claim as I place my hand over my heart.

"Well it's true" she defends. "You guys work so well together, like the stars and the sky. It's easy to see that tonight, you guys stick out in the best ways possible."

"I'm just really happy to be here with him and you all again. Last year I was so new to this and I could only be here for a little bit of time. I would have loved to met you and everyone else but I just couldn't. But I'm here to stay, I promise" I smile.

Suddenly the music stops and the DJ announces that there was a song request. The dance floor clears up and I see Anthony standing there. He had a bundle of flowers in his hand and was smiling my way. I just shake my head as I walk over to him. He hands off the flowers before pulling me into his embrace. I wrap my arms around my neck as his hands rest on my waist. We start to sway as other couples join us, but I don't really notice them. I look deep into Anthony's eyes and I see everything I want right there.

"Honey you are my shining star
Don't you go away
Oh baby
Wanna be right here where you are
Until my dying day, yeah baby

So many have tried
Tried to find a love like yours and mine
Girl don't you realize
How you hypnotize
Make me love you more each time, yeah baby

Honey I'll never leave you lonely
Give my love to you only
To you only, to you only

Honey you are my shining star
Don't you go away
No baby
Wanna be right here where you are
Until my dying day, yeah baby."

I feel his grip on my waist tighten as we stand as close as we could possibly be with my belly being between us. I couldn't help but smile as I hold him tight.

"I can't put into words how beautiful you look tonight. I can only imagine how amazing you're going to look on our wedding day" he claims and I raise a eyebrow.

"Wedding day" I ask and he blushes.

"You get what I'm trying to say" he defends.

"I do. And that's why you're my shining star too" I assure him. He pulls my chin up for a quick kiss before we return to dancing.

"Feels so good when we're lying here
Next to each other lost in love, yeah baby
Baby when we touch, love you so much
You're all I've ever dreamed of, yeah baby

Honey I'll never leave you lonely
Give my love to you only
To you only, to you only

Honey you are my shining star
Don't you go away girl
No..."

He dips me back a little before pulling me into a deep kiss. I cup his face to hold him steady as he safety returns me to my feet. I smile up to him as he holds my face.

"I love you Kelsey, so much" he reminds me as he runs his thumb across my cheek.

"To the moon and back" I promise.