Chapter 29 - "Happy reunion"

NOTE TO READER
THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY LONG SO GRAB SOMETHING TO EAT WHILE READING SO YOU DON'T GET BORED OR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW. JUST KNOW THAT THIS IS THE LONGEST ONE I'VE WRITTEN SO I HOPE YOU ENJOY.

Kenny: Everyone keep a goddamn eye out.

Christa: This place seems pretty sealed off. Well.

You: Don't get my hopes up.

Christa: C'mon Y/N.

You: Alright.

You turn to see the others staring at something, their eyes full of fear and sorrow at the same time. You turn your head to see two corpses holding hands lie in the bed, a gun in one of their hands, and their blood and brains splattered on the pillows.

Kenny: God...

Lee: Let's...let's keep moving. We gotta go.

Christa: Yeah. We've seen so many people... I don't know why these ones break my heart.

Kenny: What's heartbreakin' is not givin' yourself a chance. It's what...

You realize where this conversation is headed and take action as quick as possible.

You: The more time we spend here, that person could leave Savannah with Clem or worse. I know this is depressing...

You clench your fists while talking.

You: We have to go. Now!

Kenny: Kid's right.

He takes the gun from the corpse.

Kenny: We gotta find a way out.

Christa: Let's clear the room before we move on. Lee and Y/N figure out where we're headed.

Everyone spent the next few minutes rummaging through the room but nothing useful  turned up, except for the balcony door.

Lee: Guess this is the only way out.

Christa: Nothing other than personal items in here.

Kenny: Looks like we can stay off the streets all the way to River Street if we're careful.

Christa: Let's go.

You all walk out to the balcony. Lee goes up first and  jumps to the adjacent roof.

Christa: Uhh guys. How is Y/N supposed to do this?

The others look around in confusion and begin to discuss something. You ignore them and get on the railing of the balcony. Lee moves closer to you and extends his hand to you and gives you a confident look. You take a deep breath as you prepare to take a leap of faith.

You (thoughts): If anyone told me I'd be jumping across to a rooftop to save someone, I would've said you're crazy, but here we are.

You look at Lee whose hand is fully stretched.

You (thoughts): But I'll get Clem back, no matter the risk.

Your feet leave the railing and you soar into the air. You outstretch your arm as much as possible and Lee grabs you.

Lee: Gotcha.

He says while pulling you up.

You: Hey!

Omid, Kenny and Christa turn to see you standing next to Lee.

Kenny: How..how the fuck did you do that?

You: C'mon, Clem's waiting for us.

Omid, then Christa, then Kenny follow suit, loosening the railing.