Chapter 30 - Heroes come and go, but legends are forever

Clem: Lee!

She screams while hugging him.

You (thoughts): Lee doesn't have much time left, I gotta find a way outta here and fast.

You give the other two space and walk around, bleeding all over the place.

You (thoughts): Looks like we could get out through that door but getting in might be a problem. The door is locked and the window is glass.

You look around for anything you can use to break the glass window and spot a baseball bat.

You (thoughts): That could come in handy.

You grab the bat and drag it over to Lee and Clem.

Lee: Y/N..what happened to your arm?

You: I..I'm not sure. It's probably just...different injuries from...from today getting to me.

Clem: C'mon you guys...You can make it.

You and Lee look at each other. You notice the life leaving his eyes.

You: I..I found a way out. Through that door.

Lee: That's...that's good.

Lee takes a few steps forward, stumbling and leaning on a glass display case.

Clem: I'll help you.

Lee slowly moves forward and Clementine helps him along. He falls partly, and Clementine helps him back up.

Clem: I got you. You can lean on me if you have to.

Lee: I'm okay, I'm okay...

Clem: We thought we were helping by bringing you in here.

Lee: You did good kids. It's awful out there, those things woulda chewed me up.

Lee reaches the end of the glass case and slumps to the floor next to a radiator.

Clem: Get up, Lee, the door's right here.

Lee tries to get up but falls back down again.

Lee: I can't.

Clem: You have to.

Lee: Clem...I can't move. This is it for me here.

Clem: Please, please, try to get up.

Lee tries and fails again.

You: Clem!

She turns to you, pain in her eyes.

You: I'm..I'm sorry, but we need to get outta here before...walkers break down that..that door.

Clem looks down in sadness, tears hitting the floor.

Lee: Y/N's right, if you stay here, you...you won't be safe.

You walk over to Clem and pull her in for a hug. She rests her head on your shoulder, still crying.

You: Huh...huh...huh... I'm not feeling alright. My..arm is kinda messed up. You gotta...break the glass Clem. You're our only hope.

She stays silent for some time.

Lee: Clem...honey...You have to...get out of here.

She pulls away from the hug and looks in your eyes.

You: You..You ready?

You offer her the bat.

Clem: Yeah.

She takes the bat and walks up to the window. You go over to Lee and lean against the wall next to him, holding your arm to stop the bleeding.

Lee: Watch..out, watch out for broken glass.