Chapter 23

2 years later: January 28th 1985
Beyoncé's PoV

A lot has happened in these past two years... me and Michael are now engaged... we got engaged the day 'Thriller' was released as a single which was January 23rd 1984 meaning we've been engaged over a year. We don't want to rush into marriage, there's no point! We're still so young!

We're all at the studio recording Lionel Richie's and Michael's charity single with many other artists, even Diana Ross. She's been acting really strange towards me, I mean I've never really liked her and she's always seemed to hate me with a pure passion. I've never known why.

All the singers stand next to each other in a choir type of way and we all sing the chorus... it goes in order of the front row. Lionel Richie, me, Michael, Diana Ross and whoever is after her. There's like 4 of us on row and there's like 5 rows of us.

"We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me"

We all sing together swinging side to side with each other as we all hold hands. I see out of the corner of my eye Diana making Michael laugh by cuddling him and kissing him. I need to compose myself because we're recording the final cut of the music video!
We've been rehearsing since the beginning of this month, so we need it finishing.

After we've recorded the chorus' and all the versus by each artist..I sit alone in my own recording studio in the same building, recording my song for my new album coming out soon.. well due to be released in like 2 years making that 1987!

I take my ear phones off after recording 'formation' and I hear subtle whispering from outside my recording room. I walk out of my recording booth and walk closer to the door listening to who's speaking.

It's Michael.

"But Michael..-" a woman groans frustratedly
Michael snaps harshly but quietly "no Diana! We was a mistake!"
Diana?? A mistake?? 'We'???
Diana laughs sarcastically "a mistake that happened nearly everyday?!"
Nearly everyday?? Wtf is happening??

Michael snaps "Diana shut up because yoncé hears us!"
Diana laughs again "I can walk in that room right there, and tell her what a lying cheating scumbag she is engaged to and wants to spend the rest of her life with!"

He cheated on me? With Diana?
Tears start to fall from my eyes and I wipe them away quickly. I hate him.

Michael begs "Diana don't! She's the love of my life. I love her so much! Without her I'm nothing"
Diana is silent for a few seconds "you should of thought of that when you was cheating on her with me before AND after you both got engaged"

It's been going on a year?!

Michael groans "Diana I know! I'm a bad boyfriend and fiancé! And I KNOW I don't deserve Beyoncé. But I'm not gonna break her heart and tell her, then finish her for you! Are you insane woman?!"

I shake my head hurt with the situation... and who I want to marry.
I swing the door open and both of them turn to me with shocked expressions.
"No fucking need to hide it from me! I know your dirty secret!!! You've been CHEATING ON ME with a woman 15 years older than you? When you have a fucking fiancé?? You're disgusting, I don't wanna marry you. I don't even wanna look at you! Fuck You and fuck your marriage and love! I don't need it!" I yell in his face as tears stream down my face. I try and squeeze my engagement ring off
Michael begs tears streaming down his face "please! Don't leave me! I can't live without you!" He tries coming closer to me but I recoil and jump back. When I finally get the ring off I aggressively throw it at him and run off.

I run down the studio stairs at the back and run through reception, my body guard Pip shouts for me and runs after me. I cover my face and spring open the doors and run outside...paparazzi shout in my face and flash photos of me. They'll notice and pick upon how I'm not wearing my ring and that I'm crying running from the studio me and Michael just previously showed up together at hours and hours before now.

Hours later:

I sit at home crying my eyes out. I've thrown all of Michael's shit out onto the porch..he came earlier and was banging on the door. I had my locks changed quickly before he could even come home. Now he can't get in, thank god!
My phone starts ringing so I answer it "hello?" I croak like a frog. I wipe my sore eyes and listen to who's talking.
"Baby" Janet sighs apologetically "how are you? Do you need me to come down and stay with you?" She asks me soothingly
"I want to be alone" I mumble looking at my cut arms.

Yes, I self harmed. I feel worthless.

Janet sighs "you need someone to talk to"
I shrug like she can see me "Janet, I really don't care anymore. I don't care to live anymore. He's broken my heart. I don't need him or want him. He's free to do whatever with whoever"
"Shut up!" She scolds
"I don't care who he fucks" I frown, why the hell she telling me to shut up?
She chuckles softly "I'm not on about that!" Then she gets serious again "you said you don't wanna live anymore? Are you okay?! Don't do anything stupid! He isn't worth your tears honey, and I know he's my brother and I'm supposed to be on his side. But- but he's done wrong and he needs to be punished for it" Janet scolds..like Michael is there with her.
I stay silent and don't reply to her.
I look down at my bleeding arms and weep "please can I come over?" She begs
I grunt annoyed at her, and I shouldn't be! It's her brother who's done wrong.

"No janet, I told you I wanna be on my own. I'll see you around I guess 'cause this is it between me and Michael. I won't be around you or your family ever again not after what he's done. Have a good life—tell your mom I love her dearly and I'll pray for her. God bless you all...I'm out" I cry into the receiver and end the call before she can answer me.
I turn to walk away from the phone, but it rings again. I answer it thinking it's just Janet.

Michael's PoV:

I wipe falling tears from my face as Diana carries on pecking at my head "she's not worth your time Michael"

I look up at her disgusted with her "and you are?"
"I have to go home, I'm real tired. But you know how I hate sleeping alone Mikey... why don't you come with me?" Diana seductively speaks
"My baby's at home, she's probably worried. I haven't called on the phone to say I'm alright"

Diana laughs evilly "you think she cares?"
I look down as tears blur my vision..no she probably doesn't care. I still need to check up on her. There's a possibility she may want to hear from me now she's calmed down...I can only hope.
Diana walked up to me she said "I'm all yours tonight" as she trails her fingers down to my manhood. I gulp and back away walking to the phone. I dial Beyoncé's number and listen to it ring "baby, Unlock the door."
Diana walks up to me and snatches the phone out of my hands and snarls down the phone "he's not coming back, he's sleeping with me you slut! Go kill yourself!"
I snatch the phone from Diana and yell at her "are you stupid?! You don't say that to someone!"

I order my guards to take me to Beyoncé's, they told me it wouldn't be a good idea. But I need to see her.. I need to know she's okay!