Chapter 62: wedding: part 2

20th June 1993
Michael's PoV

I stand at the back of the ceremony with tears gliding from my eyes quickly as I watch the love of my life marry another man.

Beyoncé smiled holding Jay's hands tight its time for their corny speech and vow to each other.
I sigh and look down as my heart breaks slowly.

"JAY, I acknowledge my love and respect for you and invite you to share my life as I hope to share yours. I promise always to recognize you as my equal and always to be conscious of your development, as well as my own. I shall seek through kindness and understanding to achieve with you, the life we have envisioned." She says softly with a voice crack. I close my eyes tightly and look up at her as he slowly wipes a tear from her eyes.
I look over at everyone sat down watching, my girls are sat on Janet and Joseph's lap looking at their mum with adoration. Lisa is sat next to Jackie and they're smiling watching Beyoncé and Jay get married off.
I shake my head and look back at Beyoncé and Jay, to find she's already looking at me with glossy eyed. More tears slip from my eyes as I shake my head and look away again, at my mother this time who's already looking at me.
She slowly gets up and makes her way to me.
She welcomes me into a hug and rubs my back "let go of her, Michael, let go" she whispered sadly hugging me tight.
"I can't" I whispered honestly into her neck "she's marrying someone else, you don't understand the pain I feel mom" I cried into her shoulder.

"Beyoncé, I promise to always be there for you, to shelter and hold your love as the most precious gift in my life. I will be truthful and honor you, as I embrace as the most important part of my life. I will care for you always and stand by you in times of sorrow and joy, forever nurturing the love I feel for you." Jay spoke confidently as he looked his soon to be wife in the eye. I whimper looking at them. My mum let's go of me and steps next to me so she can watch the wedding take place.

He breathed shakily as the best man gave him the wedding ring, he turned back around and grabbed Beyoncé's hand, I watched their interaction. She doesn't seem like this is what she wants to do.

I lower my eyebrows, is she being forced?
He breathed shakily and said "I have for you a golden ring. The most precious metal symbolizes that your love is the most precious element in my life. The ring has no beginning and no ending, which symbolizes that the love between us will never cease. I place it on your finger as a visible sign of the vows which have made us husband and wife."

I role my eyes at him and sigh watching him slip the ring onto the finger I once vowed to place a ring on and make her mine till death. I lean against the wall watching them as Beyoncé prepares to place the ring on jay's finger
She smiled softly at Jay's best mate, Kane, then started talking "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day"

She placed the wedding ring on his finger making my heartbreak.
Everyone cheered for them, but me? I cried. I wiped more tears away when I heard the priest pronounce them husband and wife.

"You May kiss the bride" the priest says softly smiling at them both.
"Gladly," jay smirked placing his hands on her waist and bringing her closer to him. They passionately kissed which made all our family and friends erupt in cheers.
My heart sunk As i sniffed back more tears I turn to my mum and sigh "I think I'm gonna go home mother" I rub my arm

"Are you sure?" She frowned looking at me then back at Beyoncé "she'd love for you to stay, this is her special day, and you're special to her" my mother spoke softly "I'm obviously not that special, or she'd be marrying me and not him" I point to them all loved up as some people in my family walked up to them and congratulated them on their marriage.

"I wanna stay..." I nod softly "but I can't bare to see her get married off to another man" I pouted sadly, watching her smiling at Janet while a photographer takes a photo of them.

"Hey bro.." Jackie came over to me and patted me on the back lovingly "You okay, man? That can't of been easy for you?" He raises a brow at me feeling bad for me
I shook my head "no, it was terrible seeing her marry another man"
He looked at me sympathetically "we all want you two to make amends and get back together and marry, we've been waiting for it ever since you was both teenagers"

I smile softly at his reply.

"Beyoncé asked me to come get you actually, she wants a photo with you" Jackie smiled softly. I shook my head quickly "no, I can't. I can't let her see me upset"
"Man, come have a photo" Jackie smiled softly "she really wants a photo with you"

I nod softly, I walk over to her and she smiles widely "Michael..!" She opens her arms to hug me. Wow. So friendly.
"Congratulations, Yoncé. You look amazing" I say softly kissing her cheek. I think Beyoncé and I are both putting on a little show in front of her newly wedded husband, Jay, and all our family.

"Have a photo with me?" She pouted sexily, placing a hand on my chest. I smiled softly and nodded, I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her to me.
We look at the camera and smile widely, faking the happiness.. well I am anyway.

"Thank you..." she said softly, after a few more photos of her and I. Then my sisters and I. My brothers and I. All of my siblings and I, all of my sibling, Beyoncé and I. Then last put not least all of her parents and sister, with my parents and siblings.

On one of the photos. I kissed her cheek. Should I of done that? Probably not. But I love her.