Chapter 49

Joseph's PoV
25th December 1992

I look over at Beyoncé seated at the dinner table playing with a napkin. Everyone else is around hayvenhurst celebrating and having a good time.. then there's Beyoncé. Heartbroken.
I love my children— I know when they was younger I didn't really show it. But I did what I did to them so they could learn to never put a step wrong in life. Or hurt anyone.
But it seems as though them beatings I gave michael never fucking worked. This is not the first time he's ever emotionally hurt Beyoncé. He's done it a million times before. He's also physically hurt her in the past but we won't get into that because it's the 'past'

I frown as I see a tear slip down Beyoncé's face.
"Hey," I call out to her making her look up "you shouldn't be crying— you're too pretty for that my love" I told her honestly. I thought of her as my daughter. And I'll be damned if I let Michael hurt her anymore. He's done it wayyy to many times. He's lucky I've never beaten his ugly black ass for it.
She smiled softly at me letting me know it's okay to sit next to her. I look at the napkin and she's folded it into a swan. I smile widely "you used to do that when you was little— I see you've still got the talent. Your talent seems to be never ending"

She looked at me proudly "I was coached by the two greatest and inspiring men in my life... you and my father"
I smiled warmly at her "how is your father, Mathew.. is he okay?" I asked getting rid of my smile and replacing it with a frown.
She shook her head, she breathed out heavily "he's getting worse Joseph, I'm afraid that— if I ever get to the stage of marrying the love of my life. He won't be there to walk me down the aisle.." she confessed playing with her swan napkin.
I gasped, eyes going wide "of course he'll be there. Your father is a fighter— a dear friend of mine. He won't let cancer beat him." I shook my head adamantly. Beyoncé smiled at me and nodded "he's the reason I'm such a fighter today. I haven't really thanked him for making me the woman I am today. I needa do that before it's too late"

I nudged her a little too hard "Hey!" I warn "don't say that. You should thank him, yeah. But it's not like you have a set amount of time to do it. He's still fighting. He's proud of you. And by you making him proud— he automatically knows you're thankful for him. He's the reason that you're making him proud to this day. You've had a hard life and I'm even proud of you. So I know your father is!!"

She smiled as a tear dropped down her face "thank you Pappa joe"
I nodded at her.
I then decided to change the topic knowing she's really upset "where'd you get the dress from? You never came in with that on. You was wearing a different one" I pointed to her gold sparkly dress "Janet got me it for Christmas— she insisted I wore it today" Beyoncé giggled softly looking down at her dress.
"You look amazing, Michael doesn't know what he's missing"

She laughed horsily showing her vulnerability,"he's missing nothing, Joseph"
I nudged her yet again "don't be stupid, you know he damn near wants you. He wants you to be his-"

"Woahhh Beyoncé.. one minute I leave you at the house looking fine.. now you just look banging. Why the dress change. Not like It matters or I'm bothered, you look even more beautiful" randy said walking in the kitchen. She laughs and waves him off "Thank your sister, not me" she replied smirking.
"Which one I gotta thank?" Randy joked.. I laughed at his joke shaking my head.

 I laughed at his joke shaking my head