Chapter 67

15th August 1993
Beyoncé's PoV

"I want a live album..." I confess randomly while Quincy, Michael, Blue, Kiara, Jay And I are in the studio.
Quincy raises his eyebrows at me as the room goes quiet as they all stare at me with confused eyes "you want a 'live' album??" Quincy question making me nod "I do" I smiled

"What does that even mean??" Michael asked as he played with kiara's hair.

"A live album—" I chuckle then carrying on "a album that's get recorded while I'm on tour, the full setlist.. and it comes with the videos to match ya know?? The videos can be played on music video shows on tv" I smile looking around. Michael nods smiling "that's actually a really good idea—"

"Babe, you're so clever" Jay cuts Michael off. Michael scoffs and carries on playing with kiara's hair.
"When would you complete it though??" Quincy shrugged, frowning as he sorted some paper work out. I picked Blue up and hugged her tightly "when I go on my next tour.. my next tour is with Jay. The tour that's supports the new album coming out. It can be recorded then. Only at one show though, like a massive sell out show somewhere" I confess "I don't want it recording in like Manchester where they may not be as loud, you know? You needa' hear their voices as well as mine" I smiled thinking of my beautiful fans "also, I want it to be created into a film— even if it isn't created during this tour.. it could be created next time I headline a festival. But I know I want to create a concert movie. With scenes in between the actual songs where I go for outfit changes, talking about my rehearsals and videos from rehearsals and how I cope with it. I think it'd be very factual" I look at them. And they look astonished.

"Oh mike— that reminds me," I smiled looking over at him "me and jay have a idea for a song, but we need your permission"
He looked at me with a raised eyebrow "yes, what is it?"
I get up and show him the lyric sheet.

'Billie Jean in his prime, for the thousandth time the kid ain't mine. Online they call me dad, kiddingly. You're not supposed to take this dad thing literally.
That's too famous, we don't even really do famous'

He smiled reading the lyrics "that's fine, you didn't even need to ask babe" he smiled, his smiled disappeared when jay rose a protective eyebrow over at him.
"Alright mate- sorry, force of habit" Michael smiled cockily at Jay. I shook my head looking at Quincy who's already smirking making me chuckle.

"Come on that's get this album finished then!" Quincy clapped his large hands together. I stood up and entered the booth with Jay right behind me.
We've completed near enough every song. There's just two of my favourites that need more work.

The music to 'Apeshit' started playing making me smile widely. I love this song.. it is also gonna be the lead single off of this album.
"Jay's rap first.. then we go onto yours Beyoncé.. okay??" Quincy said through the connecting microphone. I look through the glass in the booth and see Quincy smiling at jay and I.
I sigh and get prepared.

Jay gives Quincy the nod then the music plays abruptly, with such force.. nearly knocking me off of my chair.

"I'm a gorilla in the fuckin' coupe
Finna pull up in the zoo
I'm like Chief Keef meet Rafiki, who been lyin' "King" to you?
Pocket, watch it, like kangaroos
Tell these clowns we ain't amused
'Nana clips for that monkey business, 4-5 got change for you" Jay raps quickly, he takes a breather then continues with what he does best.
"Motor cade when we came through
Presidential with the planes too
One better get you with the residential
Undefeated with the cane too
I said no to the Superbowl, you need me, I don't need you
Every night we in the endzone, tell the NFL we in stadiums too
Last night was a fuckin' zoo
Stagedivin' in a pool of people
Ran through Liverpool like a fuckin' Beatle
Smoke gorilla glue like it's fuckin' legal
Tell the Grammy's fuck that 0 for 8 shit
Have you ever seen the crowd goin' apeshit? (Rah)"

The chorus starts playing "that was great jay! Are you ready for your but Bey?" Quincy asked through the microphone. I nodded smiling.
When it was closer to my rap.. Michael stood up from the sofa and came closer to the window so he had a better view of me.

I've been intimate with this man.. I've loved this man for like 18 years.. and still to this day I get so nervous singing in-front of him.. is it because he's the king of pop??

Yeahhhh, most probably.

I breathe in then begin rapping;
Jay.

"Haters in danger (dangerous)
Whole lot of gangin' (gang)
35 chains (chains, chains)
I don't give a damn 'bout the fame (nope)
G8 planes (tshh, tshh)
Alexander Wang (woo!)
She a thot that you claim (woo!)
Can't be toppin' my reign, oohhh (c'mon, c'mon, c'mon)"

I then rap extra fast, not even needing to look at the lyrics. I make eye contact with Michael which kind of gives me nerves yet confidence;

'Poppin', I'm poppin', my bitches all poppin'
We go to the dealer and cop it all (cop it all)
Sippin' my favorite alcohol (alcohol)
Got me so lit, I need Tylenol (Tylenol)
All of my people, I free 'em all (free 'em all)
Hop in the whip, wanna see the stars
Sendin' the missiles off, drinkin' my inhibitions off
250 for the Richard Mille, yeah yeah, live in a field
My body make Jigga go kneel
Man, my momma, my Lord, my shield
Look at my jewelry, I'm lethal (lethal)
These diamonds on me, they see-through (see-through)
I'm a Martian, they wishin' they equal (equal)
I got M's on the back like Evisu"

When I finished my rap everyone cheered as we clapped.

That was the end of the recording.. the end of recording the album. And I'm thankful. I love recording music and writing. But damnnnn it's stressful.

I can't wait to just get on tour now, it's gonna be the best thing since slice bread!!