Chapter 25

3rd September 1987

I stand in my dressing room getting ready for tonight's show at the Michigan stadium this show is completely sold out and for his stadium holds 113, 065 people. The second largest stadium in the world!! I'm so excited yet so nervous.

(Wearing this outfit but without the hat)

I'm a week into touring properly and I'm in love. My last tour wasn't like this...it was great don't get me wrong but I'm a lot bigger this year so more and more people come and see me. Meaning I sell out bigger venues!

Mark rushes in "we've got a problem, a very big one at that!"
I sigh and look at him "what?"
He gulps "Michael and Janet jackson are here to see the show and order to see you after the show!"
I gulp copying mark "damn" I nod my head and look back at him "that'll be fine, I guess"
He smiles slightly "okay, you've got 10 minutes. You look great. Start heading out to the stage where you enter! Have a great show, we'll all be sat cheering you on!"
I blush and look down at my shiny leather boots "thank you!"
"Knock knock" someone says making me look up towards the door: it's my manager Charles.
"How's the marriage?" He asks sarcastically
I bite down on my lip "fuck You, this is all because of you!"
Charles shrugs "Shawn needs you, and you need him!"
"I don't need a man!" I scream

Then a lightbulb goes off in my head. What a perfect lyric for a song!
I rush to my notepad and write 'I don't need a man'
I look at it and smile "I'll take care of you later"

I walk towards the stage nervously as I hear my name being chanted across the whole stadium. I smile at the voices of my fans screaming in anticipation.

The intro to my show blares through the speakers, the intro is around 2 minutes long. My jaw drops to the floor when I hear the whole stadium chanting along with the intro.

"We came to slay bitch!" The guy who's voice is in my intro says, now this is where I rise from under the stage.

"Y'all haters corny with that illuminati mess
Paparazzi, catch my fly, and my cocky fresh
I'm so reckless when I rock my Givenchy dress (stylin')
I'm so possessive so I rock his Roc necklaces" I sing into my microphone as the whole stadium erupts in cries of joy, half of the stadium screaming..and the other half singing with me.

"Sing!!" I scream then carry on singing

"My daddy Alabama, momma Louisiana
You mix that negro with that Creole make a Texas bamma!!" I sing as I dance around the stage with my backing dancers.
"I like my baby hair, with baby hair and afros
I like my negro nose with Jackson Five nostrils
Earned all this money but they never take the country out me
I got a hot sauce in my bag, swag"  I sing as my microphone fades out when I say 'swag'