Chapter 27

4th November 1987
                 Beyoncé's PoV

Michael has been on tour for nearly 2 months and he hasn't contacted me once.. I've tried calling him and there's never no answer. And when the phone does get picked up, it's Bill saying he'll 'pass the message onto Michael' about me calling. Yet Michael has never got back to me. I've seen in the tabloids that he's having a blast on tour. Which I guess is good. I've seen some boy that's travelling around with him. Wade maybe? Or james. I can't remember his name! Michael loves children and this little boy he's known for a while. I've met him, he's a sweetheart. But I just don't understand why Michael can't call me. He said he loved me, he said things would change?!

As for me, I'm still on tour. Me and Shawn aren't in a fake marriage no more. That finished last month, we are still bestfriends, there's nothing to stop us from being bestfriends.

"Your tour finishes in soon, are you happy?" Charles questions me, snapping me out of my thoughts. Charles is my boss, if you may have forgotten.
I laugh shaking my head "Charles" I breathed out "2 years is not soon" I make eye contact with him and he shrugs "I meant your break, I bet you're excited to see Michael"
I laugh sadly "Michael? He's history"
A frowning Charles questions me "what? What's he done now? I swear that boy is 29 years old and still acts like a 17 year old"
I nod looking through my setlist for the remaining shows up until the end of this month.. then I get a full month off. Then in January is back to business "I guess so"
Charles sighs shaking his head, placing his arms on his large stomach "why do you love him Beyoncé? All he ever does is old you back... or does it make your life easier being tied down by a complete dick?"
I roll my eyes, here comes his protectiveness "Charles..don't!" I say sternly "I love Michael because he was my first everything, he might of treated me really badly in the past.."
Charles rudely cuts me off "yeah, abused you"
I glare at him and continue "but I still love him and I forgive him for everything he's done. He has a special place in my heart. We argue like cat and dog but I'd be lost without him, he's my man and always will be"
Charles nods understandably then stands up with a sigh, he pats my knee smiling gently "if you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. I may be your boss but I've known you years. I think of you as the daughter I never had. I love you, you know that. You can talk to me, I'm like your father on the road"

I chuckle softly trying to hold back the tears, I nod at him "I know Charles, thank you!"
He leaves my dressing room and I sigh. I look over to the phone. Shall I call him? Shall I not?

No! He can fuck off.. if he wants me and wants to talk to me, he'll call me first!

2 years later:
1st February 1989

"Liyah, hurry up!" I yell upstairs
"I'm coming!" She giggles and runs down the stairs "What have I told you about running sweetheart?" I coo at the little two year old girl.
"I'm sorry" she puts her head down and sways side to side shyly making me giggle. My heart melts "Come here baby!" I grab her and cuddle her "stop!" She giggles "am I embarrassing you?" I pinch her cute dark cheeks "yes!"

I shake my head as Ka'Liyah runs off into the living room.
And no, she is not my daughter. She's my sisters, she's Solange's daughter. I was blessed 2 years ago by being crowned a auntie of a beautiful baby girl. I'm the happiest auntie ever!
"Ka'liyah?? Sweetie, mommy will be here in five so pick your stuff" I shout from the kitchen into the living room.
"Yes auntie" she yells back. I smile to myself. I truly am at my happiest I've come so far and I'm so proud of myself.

In these past two years.. well i - - lets see... I moved homes. I've got a larger house. In Los Olivos, California and it's beautiful. No neighbours, no nothing!
I mainly moved because the paps clicked onto where I lived and was pounding at my door and gates every single day thinking I was suicidal over Tatiana and Michael.