Chapter 80

Beyoncé's pov 24th July 1994

Sat beside Michael's hospital bed, irritated, frustrated and tired aren't the words to describe how I'm feeling right now.
He hasn't woken up for four days.. and that breaks my heart.
I'm starting to loose hope, ya know, loose the faith.
Lisa has popped in everyday for several hours.. she can't stay as she has 'business to deal with' business my ass.

The door opens and Lisa Marie walks in with a sad face "he's still not awake yet??" She asked softly. I shook my head "you'd be the first to know about it, ya know being his wife and everything" I sarcastically reply. I know it's not the time to be arguing with my exes wife. But where the fuck was she while he was over dosing?? What wife— ugh I'm just gonna ignore it.

"Yeah," she smiled softly "I've dedicated my life to being his wife, I just want to make sure he's okay" she said softly, heartbrokenly, "I know how you feel" I nod agreeing with her. It's best to put aside any hatred I may have for her.

"Your girls are beautiful, they really enjoy hanging around with my two children" she stated looking over at me which makes me smile "that's great. I'm so happy they get along. My girls aren't the easiest to get along with" I chuckle looking at Michael's bed side table to see a photo of the girls, him and me all together.

"He adores you, you know??" Lisa said gently. I look back at her and frown "who does??"
Lisa laughed gently "Michael" while nodding at Michael.
I smile softly as tears brim my eyes "I adore him too... that's why I've made the decision to leave" I say brokenly glancing at Michael's still body.
Lisa gasped "what?? Leave? How?"

"As soon as he wakes up, I'm going back on tour. And I ain't coming back" I shook my head as a tear slipped down my face "you're really gonna up and leave him?? He needs you"

I shook my head "no," I paused "correction.. he needs you. You're his wife. I'm just the mother too his babies: he'll still see them. Whenever he wants. I'm leaving them here with Janet, the decision has been made" I say wiping my tears away.

"What if he wakes today?? You're gonna leave straight after?" She questioned feeling confused "yes, I leave today if he awakens. I just want to be here in case he doesn't make it. As soon as his eyes open and he says his first word, I'm leaving. He doesn't need me here. And I need to be back on tour" I say softly looking down at my clothes.

"That's pretty selfish" Lisa states making me frown then laugh slightly "it's not selfish. I'm doing this for your marriage. For my marriage. Me and Michael need to be away from each other. And I'm planning on putting that distance between us to save my marriage" I inform her as I stand up.

"Give me a shout if he wakes up" I state, glancing at Michael, then walking out.

I sit myself in the middle of Katherine and Joseph while I sigh.
Everyone is staring at me which makes me roll my eyes "no I haven't killed her, she ain't done nothing wrong. She's being the wife she should be" I claim glancing around at the shocked expression on Michael's siblings faces.

"I um- need to talk to you all" i try to say without my voice cracking.
I have the Jackson's undivided attention now...
"When um— Michael awakes and I know he's going to be okay. I'm leaving." I state softly, "what do you mean leaving??" Latoya squeaks from the other side of the private waiting room
"I mean— I'm leaving, for good. Ya'll won't see me again" I state as I wipe a tear away "okay maybe I'm being a lil dramatic.. but the only time you will see me is when it has to do with the girls. Any other time, we won't be seeing each other"

"What about Mike??" Randy calls out, Jackie agrees "yeah, you can't just leave mike"
I roll my eyes and sigh "he has Lisa, he has you lot.."
"What about the kids.. where do they come into this" Joseph asks quietly.
I look over at them both sat on Janet's lap, fast asleep cuddling into her. I sigh as this situation is breaking my heart "they stay here" I claim and nod over to Janet "with Janet, I'm going back on tour. Michael would never forgive me if I took them with me. That's why they're staying here with the Jackson's— where I know they'll be protected none stop— I know that—"