Chapter 79

Beyoncé's PoV       20th July1994

             Manchester, UK

"In four days it's gonna be the ten year anniversary of 'Careless Whisper' and rumour has it that Beyoncè will duet with George Michael on the song for a tenth anniversary special and will be released as a single.. not being included in either George Michael's or Beyoncè's next albums" the news reporter speaks into the microphone standing in front of Columbia records.
How do they even find out this shit?? FUMIMG.
This was supposed to be a huge surprise for the fans of George...

Charles barges into my dressing room panicking like mad "Beyonce- Beyoncé, finally I-I found you!!" He breathes heavily I stand up feeling concerned "Charles what's happened??" I ask cautiously then glance over at my two daughters who are looking through a photo album of consisting of photos of all of us. They look up at me and Charles.
"It's m-Michael" he stutters as tears flood his eyes
A lump in my throat appears as tears cloud my eyes "is he okay??" I ask softly. Charles looks at my two daughters who are looking up with confused and sad expressions at the thought of their dad not being okay. Charles smiles at them "you okay my gorgeous girls??" He asked and they nodded. They looked back down at the photos, and when they did Charles dragged me out the room closing the door behind us.
Charles shook his head "he's had a drug over dose... he's been rushed to the hospital. I'm so sorry..." he said as a tear slips down his face "it doesn't look like he's gonna make it..."

After that I heard nothing that he was saying. It was like I went deaf, all I could hear was silence. Tears fell down my face as I fell onto the floor crying my eyes out and what felt like I was screaming.
People huddled around me calming me down, I heard something about my tour assistant going into my dressing room and keeping my girls occupied.
What am I gonna do without him?? What am I gonna tell them??
This is so fucked up!

I took my head into my knees and cry relentlessly.

"Beyoncé, you can either cancel the show and take a flight straight back at America and cancel the upcoming tour dates—"

I wipe my face and look up "I wanna do the show"

"You—are you sure??" Charles gasped looking at me like I didn't have a heart.
My security guard Steve steps in "Mrs Carter wouldn't it be best if you flew out to america.. If they claim he's not gonna make it I can almost guarantee that Mr Jackson's dying wish is for his children to be there with him"

"Take them" I mutter standing up almost falling again. My legs are so weak, I literally can't feel them.
"Get the nanny to take them back. Security can fly with them to make sure they're safe. They need to be with their d-dad" I whisper as I continue crying.
"He will want you there too. I know he will" Charles insisted holding my arm to support me.
"I'll fly out after this show.." I look down sadly.. hearing all my fans scream my name, I can't let them down.

But I can't let Michael down.

"I'll ring Mrs Jackson" Steve states walking off.

"I'll cut the show short... I'll sing a few songs. The fans will understand.. I just need to give em something" I say softly dabbing my face trying not to ruin the makeup that has already been applied to my face.
Charles nodding understandably "of course, I'll get in touch with management and the label to let them know the news and what's happening. Do we tell the girls??" He asks obviously on about Blue and Kiara.
I shook my head "no, I don't want them to know yet, just tell them we're going back to America to see nana Kat and Auntie Jan" I smiled softly... then frown. They must be heartbroken.

 They must be heartbroken