Trei

Trei was focused, eyes closed, listening to the garden.

He could hear the wings of the two women, the buzz of insects in the grass. Somewhere overhead a bird was calling. His hands were spread, feeling tiny blades of grass interwoven with them. Beyond all the sounds and smells, he could feel something else, like a heartbeat. He listened to it, feeling the world slowly fading away from him. A spark of light flowing up his fingers and into him.

Chaos erupted.

Trei's eyes sprang open as he felt the earth explode beneath him. He grabbed his arm with a force and tossed it downward, seizing the ground and skidding to a stop. He looked upwards, expecting to see an attacker.

Instead he saw Summer, blazing with light, standing where he had been.

She glared at the other two Fae, who were standing perfectly still, but he could see fear in their eyes. "Summer!"

Her head turned slowly, and she saw him and sighed, the light fading from her eyes and wings. "Trei. Shut up."

He stood up, not understanding, "They were trying to help me, Summer."

"Shut. Up." She growled, and he felt the ground rumble. He winced, and the woman seemed to try and contain herself, still shaking with anger. "You two, we need to have a talk, especially about boundaries."

Trei was left in confusion as the three vanished from sight.

He looked back at where he had been sitting, and watched slowly as dirt trickled back into the hole, healing itself slowly. It was if nothing had happened.

He had no idea what had got her so riled up. He also knew that Summer wasn't just the woman he'd seen so far. That display had terrified the other two, and could have killed him easily. Well... Something. He wasn't entirely sure if it were possible to die, or just become disembodied.

He sat down to wait, crossing his arms.