Rendi

He stood silently behind the trapped figure in the dark room. His master was standing in front of him, just barely illuminated by the dust on his wings. The man was silent, looking away from the figure, testing him with the dangers of silence.

Few tortures could exceed those that the mind can create for itself. Eventually you may need to bring reality home, to break the mind and gain access to the information you desire, but it is always best not to leave a mindless and broken creature when instead you can turn something into an asset.

Janus yawned tiredly, "I'm waiting."

The terrified man burst into a torrent of words, "For what? What have I done to possibly offend you, Arbiter? I'm a tailor! I have no part in politics or war. I have never spoken of anything I have seen or heard! I am no threat to you, and I have no desire to ever be. How have I harmed you? What have I done that requires a response of this magnitude?"

"Punish him." Janus replied quietly, casually.

Rendi sighed and without warning tore one of the Fae's wings off. The man screamed, and continued screaming. Tears streaming down his face. Rendi tossed the now limp wing in front, where the man could see it by the subtle sparkle of the dust. Blood poured openly from the wound, and Rendi touched the man's back gently. He screamed, arching, as the flames cauterised the wound.

Janus yawned again, as the tailor leaned forward, breathing heavily. "I'm waiting."

The tailor went to speak but fell forward, held back only by his bonds to the chair, throwing up violently. His master made a sound of irritation, "I leave him to you, then."

Rendi moved in front of the figure and crouched. All the man could see were his eyes. His grey eyes staring into the man's soul, silently.

"I don't know what you want me to say!" The tailor begged, tears streaming down his face.

It was the point. Anything coerced couldn't be trusted. The tailor would tell them what they wanted to know, eventually. He would tell Rendi everything, from start to finish. Everything he knew, from every life. Every secret he had ever heard. Every rumour he had ever suspected. The man would tell Rendi everything that he was.