Summer

Summer cried.

It was over.

She'd beaten back the ghoul, again. Pushed down the instincts and the horrors of the mind of the beast. But she hadn't done it soon enough. She hadn't... She... Her thoughts spiralled off into an abyss, as she cradled the broken body of her sister, tears streaming down her face. His face. The ruined and mangled corpse of the man she loved. The man who had died.

Her sister had paid the price.

Her stupid, innocent sister. The woman who everyone thought was a weapon, but was still just a child to her. Summer could see the pain hidden behind Luna's attitude. Used to see. That was all over now. The flirtatious and explosive Fae was gone. Gone forever. Just like the lifestream. She'd never again see that face smile.

"Hold, mortal."

Summer started. She looked up at the elf that had entered the area, spear at the ready. She was signalling for someone behind her to hold back. It wasn't possible. It shouldn't be possible. "Trei?"

Summer growled angrily as she recognised the elf, "Stay back. Why are you here?"

Trei stepped in front, "Summer. It's okay. She's helping."

Summer winced. She'd killed her own sister. Who was she to judge? "It was Tyr. All of this. It was him."

Trei crouched by her, wrapping her broken hand in hers. "It'll be okay, Summer. We're here. I'm here. For you. Always."

Summer grabbed him, knocking them both to the ground as she buried her head in his chest, howling.

"All that is, may not have to be."

Summer glared up, "Haven't forgiven you yet, elf."

The creature smiled sadly, "Do you know the promise given to my people?"

Summer glared down at Trei, "Seriously? You kissed her?"

He rubbed his head, "Does it count at all that I was dead and not an active participant in any of this?"

"No." Summer replied, shaking her head. "You want to bring back Luna?"

The elf shrugged, "I may be able to, at a cost."

Trei glanced up, "What cost did you pay to bring me back?"

"Yio paid."

Summer snuggled into Trei, glaring up at the elf, "No. The lifestream is gone. If you try and resurrect Luna, we're just going to end up with another Tyr. A Fae separated from reality. I can't see her not becoming the monster she thinks she is, if that were to happen."

The elf knelt by the body, stroking the white hair gently, arranging her hair. "She did not deserve this fate, even if she did welcome it."

"What?"

Trei grabbed Summer's hand, "Luna used a forbidden spell. I think."

Summer blanched, "Oh."

The elf sighed heavily, "She saw Trei fall. She did not know that his death need not be permanent."

Summer glanced at the ruins surrounding her. She may as well have cast a forbidden spell herself. She'd probably ruined any chance for peace between human and Fae for hundreds of years. The people would remember her rage, they would not know her pain.

"Stop!"

The elf paused, sitting back on her knees, looking at the newcomer in surprise.

Summer wrapped herself tighter around Trei, "Oh screw you, Sarin."

The pink-haired woman rolled her eyes, "I do not desire to be entangled with the mortal freak, Summer. Show some respect."

"He's infectious." Summer growled petulantly.

Sarin sighed, "Perhaps. The resurrection of Luna must not occur, not yet. Is that understood, Alphege Algar? The path is set, the course must be followed."

Summer raised an eyebrow, "Well. That's a little more forward than normal."

The fate flicked her hair in irritation, "Tch. Here's something else forward, prepare for battle, queen of the Fae. War is upon you."