Summer

Summer's ears twitched, and she turned from where she was watering some new seed.

The man walked across the ground nearly silently. He seemed to be carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. As if the entire world depended on him and what he was about to do. His black eyes were empty, swirling vast pits that drew her in. Drove all the worries out of her mind, leaving her alone, with just her and him and nobody else. No one ever again.

Trei didn't smile as he saw her, and she felt her heart faltering.

She wanted to burst into tears, to run and throw her arms around him, but that wasn't the sense he was giving off. His aura was dark and turbulent. Was he here to tell her she could never see him again? Did he even care about her anymore?

Trei paused at arm's length from her, "Summer."

"Trei." She said, her voice cracking.

He sighed heavily, "I've seen the others. They seem to be doing well. Too well in the case of Luna and Claven."

Summer wanted to laugh, but she was too nervous. Too scared of what he was saying, what he was planning to do.

"I saved you for last, Summer." He bit his lip nervously, "I saved you, because I've cut this realm off. There's no one else here. And there won't be. You can't get in and out of the garden anymore. Even the fates would find the journey difficult."

So he wasn't just abandoning her then. He was blaming her. Exiling her.

"Summer..." Trei hesitated, "Say... Something. Please."

She looked at him, tears forming in her eyes, dripping down her cheeks silently. Her throat didn't seem to want to cooperate. She wanted to say something. Convince him to stay. To stay with her. To just be her and him. That she'd give it all up for him. She'd forget being queen. She'd forget the council. She'd even run away to the human world if that is what he wanted. She just wanted him to stay with her.

He stepped closer, a hand wiping her cheek, "Sorry. This is unfair."

She couldn't help it anymore. She fell onto the ground, her legs giving out and burst into full blown tears. Sobbing and screwing up her dirt encrusted hands.

Trei sat down beside her, an arm going around her shoulders. She felt him bend her neck, putting her head on his shoulder. "I'm with you Summer. Until you're ready. I'll go when you tell me."

She glanced up at him, "What?"

Trei sighed, "You want me to go. I'll do it when you say."

"I want you to stay!" She shouted, sitting up, "I thought you came here to punish me."

He stared at her in surprise, "What?"

"You cut the realm off."

Trei scratched the back of his head, "I cut the realm off so I could be with you. So no one could interrupt us again. You sent everyone away once, so we could get to know each other before the wedding. I thought... I was doing the... Same thing."

Summer glared at him, "We have got to work on your communication skills, idiot."

Trei winced, and then she grabbed his shoulders and shoved him onto the ground, sitting on top of his chest, "But first. Prove you still care."

She didn't give him a chance to protest, kissing him gently.

His hands wrapped around her, holding her close.

His tongue met hers and they danced. She felt a thrill running down her back as he explored her mouth and she explored his. The straight and flat teeth, the rise of the canines. His hands scratched down her back and Summer moaned into his mouth.

She grabbed the front of his shirt and tore it open, her hands exploring the shape, the muscles.

She sat up, breaking the kiss and breathing hard, and yanked the dress over her head.