Trei

Trei stood in the room, scratching his head. One moment he'd been holding Summer, and the next she'd been growling as she faded into thin air. He wasn't sure if she'd been attacked, or if something had just needed her attention. He'd wanted to ask Astrian, but the Fae was currently trying to pretend he didn't exist. He had absolutely no idea why. Maybe he'd insulted her.

There was a popping sound and a burst of static.

Trei stepped backwards, ready to attack, and then his face fell, "Luna? What happened?"

She waved tiredly, "Later... Say, Trei... Can I borrow your bed?"

The Fae under her arm glared towards him, "Ghoul, keep your distance. I will defend my lady by any means."

Luna ground her teeth, "Shut up, Rendi. Trei's safe."

"... Sure." He answered slowly, "It was yours, wasn't it?"

Luna limped down the hallway with her apparent bodyguard, and he heard her slump onto the bed with a thump. The Fae looked like she had been in a serious fight. He turned to look at the butler, "You still going to ignore me?"

Astrian did. However, to no one in particular she spoke, "I am going to assist Lady Luna." She glided out of the room, a haughty expression on her face, and then Trei couldn't help but laugh as he heard Luna moaning loudly, "Oh you would you just piss off? I want to sleep, not have a healing session!"

A hand touched his shoulder and he jumped, looking over and seeing Summer. "Oh. You're back."

"Janus had Luna tortured." Summer growled quietly, "He's missing. You and her are in danger."

Trei flinched, "Oh crap. Things are out of control."

"Luna has... Kidnapped his army." Summer worded herself carefully, "But we don't know if that's enough. So, I'm going to be out of commission for a bit... I'm going to do something, to protect everyone."

Trei frowned, "I thought we'd moved passed secrets."

"I don't have the time to explain how it works." Summer snapped, "If Astrian can get over herself, she'll explain."

He nodded, stopping himself from asking how he'd insulted the other Fae. "I'm sorry."

"I... Want to do something first." Summer spoke hesitantly, and then touched Trei's face gently, "Something to make you remember that... I... I..."

He looked at her with concern, and the Fae leaned in suddenly, her soft lips meeting his, melding with him for a brief and perfect moment that took away his breath and made the room spin.

As suddenly as she'd started to kiss him, it ended. Trei blinked, feeling dizzy, and he heard Summer speak distantly, "I love you."

Then she was gone.